Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-20-2009, 08:11 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

MMMM Pumping of jugs.

What? All I said was "Pumping of jugs." We are still talking about dosing right?!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:13 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Ok ok ok before the lynch mob gets me..

Psst! Justin! http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...sing-pump.html
Old 11-20-2009, 08:23 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
MMMM Pumping of jugs.

What? All I said was "Pumping of jugs." We are still talking about dosing right?!

I knew that would come up. I'm serious though! What is all this talk of jugs and the pumping of those jugs?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Ok ok ok before the lynch mob gets me..

Psst! Justin! http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...sing-pump.html
Oh...
Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 PM

In a futile attempt to reclaim my honour now (I realize that ship has sailed long ago, I may as well ask for my hair to grow back, but I digress), I'll add to this that I held off doing the Aqualifter pump dosing for the longest time because I was *certain* I would need timers that could do sub-minute intervals. In the end though that was a moot concern: in fact I'll probably switch the durations to two minutes per cycle because I'm having trouble keeping my Ca steady for some reason (just keeps dropping and dropping).
Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspottedpuffer View Post
that's great then. Makes everything even easier and less chance for things to clog or go wrong.

Can i ask where you got them?
+1
Old 11-20-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
In a futile attempt to reclaim my honour now (I realize that ship has sailed long ago, I may as well ask for my hair to grow back, but I digress), I'll add to this that I held off doing the Aqualifter pump dosing for the longest time because I was *certain* I would need timers that could do sub-minute intervals. In the end though that was a moot concern: in fact I'll probably switch the durations to two minutes per cycle because I'm having trouble keeping my Ca steady for some reason (just keeps dropping and dropping).
Plus, if the fluid is being pushed up a foot or two, it almost is only a drip. My ATO is a few feet and its a steady drip without a valve.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:44 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
That's great then. Makes everything even easier and less chance for things to clog or go wrong.

Can I ask where you got them?
Siemens LOGO's bacically, a little PLC. Has inputs, controllable output relays, and a host of functions, timers, counters, even analog possibilities for temp controll too. I get them off Ebay. If your looking, look at the last 4 numbers of the model eg OBA0-OBA6 OBA6 is most current, and OBA0 is the originals. the amount of functions and possibilities increase with each model. Like the OBA0 cant have any Analog, I dont think that came into effect untill the 4 series. Have to watch the letters after too, some dont have internal clocks in them. You want a RC in the name, like Logo 230 RC along with the model number

search ebay, some can be found cheap. They even have a little LCD display that works with the OBA6. called the Logo! TD

All part of my master controller plan. presently I have a few OBA0's one doing lights on the 150g, another handeling ATO duties fro both tanks and the 3rd as spare. Programing is easy too, all Block Function logic. mostly Boolean with some premade functions. The PC programming software, LogoSoftComfort is real easy to use, even has a simulate function so you can test without plugging into the unit itself.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 11-21-2009, 12:10 AM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

Peristaltic i/v pumps are nice to have...I don't know the cost of the aquarium ones .. but I think one could achieve the same very inexpensively by using a bag such as i/v fluids are packaged in to hold whatever it is you want above the height of drip entry and adjusting the rate by the drip set..most are either 10 or 60 drops/ml. Easy and very inexpensive.I/v fluid bags (you may still be able to get bottles somewhere) come in many sizes..500ml to 20 liters or more. I have used the manual i/v flow controllers to adjust air line flow and it worked well.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:33 AM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

I have a two part dozer but have not needed it so far so it is not hooked up right now. I am having a problem keeping my alk up and have been adding that to my top off water. It raises my PH too much though running at 8.5 and my alk is at 7.6 Can I go higher on my PH than that or am I doing something wrong?
My Ca and Mag are not a problem I just add a bit per week. I have a Ca reactor as well but not hooked up. I use baked arm and hammer.
Don't want to high jack this thread just wondering?