Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM

michika is on a distinguished road
Default I am disowning Canada Post!

I would like to disown Canada Post...in the last three weeks they have loss/mis-delivered 5 packages that I sent out! Not that Canada Post is better then Drop Hurl Late, UPS, or FedEx...

/rant
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM

pandafishowner is on a distinguished road

What annoys me about Canada Post is they send me stuff to the right address... but the wrong quadrant!

And today I got a call from the gvmt telling me that some of my mail was sent back to them! Mail that had the right address but was never delivered!

Add to that I spent $20 sending a package to my sister expressmail and it took 2 weeks to arrive. To Manitoba. WTF.

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Current occupants are cardinal tetras and ameca splendons
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Before Christmas I sent a package to Calgary, the girl working at the desk didn't write the postage I paid to have it delivered on the package (what kind of bizarre system is that) so it arrived COD and had to be paid for again. I never kept the receipt for the postage so I can't get my money back.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM

I've sent out two money orders to someone for a purchase and the first time it came back wrong address. The second time it just went to the routing station/depot and never moved. I sent three packages out the same day from two different locations in the city, and not one has made it to its destination yet.

I've had to file claims on 4 of the sent packages. I think Canada Post things I'm out to defraud them or something since I've had to make so many claims in such a short period of time.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 PM

TRIX is on a distinguished road

Greyhound is not much better. Large Packages go missing and no one cares. Everyone blames the other depot.

Corals
Purple Mushrooms, Kenya Trees,
Fish/Inverts
Brittle Starfish,,Long spine Urchin,Snails,Crabs, Snowflake Eel,Coral Beauty,
Old 01-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Greyhound is not much better. Large Packages go missing and no one cares. Everyone blames the other depot.
Ah, yes, pass the buck syndrome. I think its prolific in all industries.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:09 PM

pandafishowner is on a distinguished road

I always get a "final notice" to pickup packages at the post office. I'm lucky it's only a block away but OMG half the time I get there it's a tiny package with a cross stitch or a book in it. They couldn't deliver something THAT small?!

One time I ordered a serger online for my mum-in-law. It arrived and the box was all smashed in and it had HUGE "fraglie" stickers all over it. Luckily it wasn't damaged but I did want to complain about it anyway.

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Current occupants are cardinal tetras and ameca splendons
Old 01-28-2008, 12:26 AM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road

They have been mis-delivering my mail to who knows for the last year. Some stuff makes it some doesn't and when I ask about it they are like "I dunno". Even putting in several formal complaints didn't help.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 AM

Richard_Dicosimo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Richard_Dicosimo

i had canada post loose a shipment of mine right before christmas only to complain to thier complaints department and have them tell me it was at my post office it took 6 trips to the post office for the dummys to find the package in the back of thier storage area. and after all that the package was found int a destroyed state (someone somewhere ran it over)and they claimed no responsability. if you have time you should check the canada post web site for their policies. lets just say their extra insurance doesnt give you sweet F$%^ All, i will never ship Canada post again
Old 01-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

I just got a Christmas card from my brother today. He lives in New York (well, across the Hudson in New Jersey actually, but it's all one big city anyway and New York sounds cooler). Granted he left it a tad late as the postmark indicated it was sent Dec 24th. So I should have gotten this about 3 weeks ago, no? Well he got the street name wrong (Dufflin instead of Dupplin), but he got the postal code right. So I guess it took the PO 3 weeks to figure out that Dufflin is Dupplin .

Cheers,