Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 02-26-2007, 06:56 PM

clowncrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Needing a bigger tank

Hi Everyone I'm very new here new as of today lol I was told about this web site a few days ago buy some very nice people and said this was a great place to come and find stuff they shut down there 80g as they are moveing far away and I went over and picked up lots of wonderfull fish and 40 pounds of live rock so now my tank looks great but is way to full I all ready gave away 30 pounds of the live rock as it just would not fit in my tank as its only alittle 33g but before I get ride of any thing else I would like to try and find a bigger tank if possible hopeing some one out there might have a bigger tank just sitting around getting dusty and doing nothing with it as my fish sure would like a bigger home. Thank you very much and have agreat reef day

Last edited by clowncrazy; 09-29-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 PM

findingnemo1 is on a distinguished road

Yep you really need to get a new tank. Those tangs will need way more room.
How big do you want and what are looking at spending?

Also you have a cyano problem on that sand. Try siphoning it up regualrily and increase flow in that are and check you nutirent levels. I just finished battling mine and makes a nice tank look so gross
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM

Default ty

All my lvls look good I will try that I was wondering how you get ride of that I just started in the salt in late november so I'm very new at it size wize I'm hopeing for a 50g or more but I really dont have alot to spend as I didnt know just how much a salt tank cost to set up so my little 33g killed the bank book lol and if the hubby ever found out he would kill me lol
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

for keeping both those tangs together you should really try and get a 90gal at least or bigger. or maybe get rid of one of them

my tank setup
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 PM

Default yellow tang

I all ready have some one who is going to be takeing my yellow tang and 2 of my clowns if I cant find a bigger tank thats why I'm on here looking for a bigger tank thanks