Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 PM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road
Default Porcupine Puffer Aerobics video

I found one video showing puffer aerobics...although not that good quality. I have seen a better video years back that was very cool, but I can't find it now. Check this one out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsvONE2Lkr4

Think Stewie (a.k.a Griffie) would go for this... with a clown suit on and some good background beats?

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Last edited by bulletsworld; 12-10-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:22 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Hahaaa that fish looks like he wants to eat her. Poor guy is begging like he is going to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsworld View Post
I found one video showing puffer aerobics...although not that good quality. I have seen a better video years back that was very cool, but I can't find it now. Check this one out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsvONE2Lkr4

Think Stewie (a.k.a Griffie) would go for this... with a clown suit on and some good background beats?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
I still need to come by and see your tank one of these days. I have had really bad Laryngitis and cannot even speak...
Yes, you do! Your welcome anytime. Hope you get better soon. I can only imagine how frustrating that would be.

Quote:
We still need to get this Marine betta to you. I have done nothing with my tank at all, and have no new additions of any kind.
Yes, the Marine betta has got a home whenever. If it wasn't for the crazy weather and my crazy Christmas schedule I would drive out there to see you in Brad Creek. Which reminds me I still have to get the powerhead I left at your place. This weekend I'm off to Edmonton, then the week after off for Christmas in B.C. Wanna meet up in the New Year?

Quote:
Chad the Regal Angel is thriving but he has pretty much murdered every soft coral I had in my tank, and my toadstool are chewed to heck now too. My tank is slowly turning into a FOWLR, but I am okay with that. My fish need to swimming space.
I've had the full reef over the years and then I get a really cool fish that eats corals and I end up saying screw it to the reef. There is different aspects of the hobby for sure. Although I admire the reef tanks, I'm more for the fish. I've done the reef already for many years. I like fishy time! It's a small sacrifices I make to have the wonderful and unique species.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Yes the New Year will work for me!!! That means I have an entire year to try to schedule something with you I was in the sump room last night and saw the power head sitting there, LOL!

I like the fish aspect much more as well. My Kenya trees won't grow because of Chad (the Regal angel) either, he has killed all my scolmias too... little bugger. My CBB is not being nice to the softies either! What can ya do? I tried fish whispering by holding up a feeding stick... it works but I get really sick of standing there looking like a nut job.

I love my fish, they are so tame they swim in and out of my hands when I am feeding. That to me is the biggest reward in this hobby... they trust me. That is why when it come time for the betta to go home, YOU will be the person with the fish net The Bananaman even takes food out of my hand now, but we both scare each other since I am afraid he might clip me with those brutal teeth.

So get the clownfish suit and make a video... You will be famous!I am so glad you took Griffie and love him for his "personality" and appreciate him like I did. I still can't believe he ate what he did... mind you it fit into his mouth. What a bone head.

Quote:
Yes, you do! Your welcome anytime. Hope you get better soon. I can only imagine how frustrating that would be.

Yes, the Marine betta has got a home whenever. If it wasn't for the crazy weather and my crazy Christmas schedule I would drive out there to see you in Brad Creek. Which reminds me I still have to get the powerhead I left at your place. This weekend I'm off to Edmonton, then the week after off for Christmas in B.C. Wanna meet up in the New Year?

I've had the full reef over the years and then I get a really cool fish that eats corals and I end up saying screw it to the reef. There is different aspects of the hobby for sure. Although I admire the reef tanks, I'm more for the fish. I've done the reef already for many years. I like fishy time! It's a small sacrifices I make to have the wonderful and unique species.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:53 AM

Default Update?

How's Griffie these days?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM

Default Update..

Stewie has been under the weather. He's been laying on the sand bed alot. Today he tried to eat but seems to not be able to chew. It does look like he cut his mouth a bit, most likely on the glass. I noticed he has slowed down quite a bit. However I think he's on the road to recovery, since he did manage to swallow some food this morning and showed interest in it. Stewie's tough stuff. I'm sure he will recover.

All the rest of my fish, except for Stewie have been removed from the main tank & housed in another tank until I completely do a few water changes and find all the broken glass and silver lead beads. I was away this weekend, so I will try the magnet idea on the lead beads and dive in later this evening.

Last edited by bulletsworld; 12-14-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM

In all the time I have had him, he never once laid on the sand bed. I wish we could take him to the vet. Keep trying the peas to see if he might pass out whatever he might have ingested.

Also he LOVES big chunks of frozen mysis. Expensive treat but he would ALWAYS eat it. I would be hand feeding it to everyone else and he would come gulp it up out of my hands and I did not argue.

Keeping both fingers crossed.

Quote:
Stewie has been under the weather. He's been laying on the sand bed alot. Today he tried to eat but seems to not be able to chew. It does look like he cut his mouth a bit, most likely on the glass. I noticed he has slowed down quite a bit. However I think he's on the road to recovery, since he did manage to swallow some food this morning and showed interest in it. Stewie's tough stuff. I'm sure he will recover.

All the fish, except for Stewie have been removed from the main tank & housed in another tank until I completely do a few water changes and find all the broken glass and silver tiny beads. I was away this weekend, so I will try the magnet idea after work.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately lead is not attracted to a magnet. Only iron, (Fe) is. If those balls are lead, you will have to "find" them.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

So has he eaten since the incident? If not you might want to consider my initial suggestion, it's not always easy to do the right thing but often very easy to do the wrong thing.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Leeanne mentions that he has been eating, but his mouth could have injuries...

Griffie is a very large puffer and I have no idea of how someone would put this fish down. I don't even want to think about it yet... he is a tough fish and I am sure he will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
So has he eaten since the incident? If not you might want to consider my initial suggestion, it's not always easy to do the right thing but often very easy to do the wrong thing.