Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

It arrived yesterday and I couldn't help but play with it half the night.

This image is a standard def DVD being played on a painted wall, my screen isn't here yet. So there is a huge amount of room for picture quality improvement. The image blurred slightly when I paused the movie. Even my wife likes it!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
. Even my wife likes it!
theres the important thing, got to keep them happy

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:30 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

"Multipass!"

PS. Dumb question maybe but what about a curtain maybe for the fish tank?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

looks good to mei wish i could convince the wife to let me go big screen im jealous...as for my fav quote from the movie is "big badda boom"

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
"Multipass!"

PS. Dumb question maybe but what about a curtain maybe for the fish tank?

I've done some testing lighting the tank with a couple 24" NOT5 fixtures and that seems to work out. A couple of guys over in the Neptune forum gave me instructions on how to wire the 12v trigger on the projector to the Apex, as soon as the projector gets turned on the MH shut down and the 2 small T5 fixtures turn on.

A curtain is a good idea but with all we invest in tanks it would be nice to view it while I was watching TV or playing on the Xbox, for movies the tank gets shut down and the room goes completely black.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
looks good to mei wish i could convince the wife to let me go big screen im jealous...as for my fav quote from the movie is "big badda boom"
My wife was sceptical too but once she saw it, game over. She's now onbored 100%.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I second the idea of a black out curtian, if your watching TV, playing games and such the only real time your going to look at the tank is during a comercial.. plus any ambiant light spill over affects the quality although it may not stand out as much. I used to turn off my MH and actinics when I watched tv in the evenings..

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I second the idea of a black out curtian, if your watching TV, playing games and such the only real time your going to look at the tank is during a comercial.. plus any ambiant light spill over affects the quality although it may not stand out as much. I used to turn off my MH and actinics when I watched tv in the evenings..

Steve

Not true, I can spend up to two hours watching the tank while watching TV, when my wife insists that sit with her and watch some chick flick or some bad reality TV - IE: Bachlor, Dancing Crap, Idol.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

The curtain was something I was thinking of actually myself were I ever to turn my basement into a theatre room (the plan isn't initially but you never know for down the road). I was thinking I'd be tempted on a curtain not only for the sake of darkening the room but also on account that I regularly watch movies and TV and stuff well into the wee hours and I find that room activity can startle the fish. Basically they need their sleep too. So pulling the curtain allows them to remain on whatever daytime/nighttime cycle they're on and not be influenced at all by the flashing screen and so on. I dunno, maybe it's not a big deal but that's sort of why I was asking. Lets you do whatever, lets them do whatever. I was even consider installing some curtains into my tank room so if I'm working on something at 2am (seems to be the only time I get some days), I can do so with the lights on full bore and I'm not freaking the fish out..

I dunno.. just a thought.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 PM

PS. I think unless you're watching HD television I think the odds are pretty good you won't be watching much regular television on a 10' screen. I find anything above 46" or thereabouts to be pretty pixelated and fuzzy for regular TV. I can't imagine the brutal waste of technology that watching Bachelor or Dancing or whatever on a screen like that would entail. Brutal!