Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 03:29 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default Canreef policy issues?

So without getting into major specifics I have an issue with Canreef and the freedom they allow their sponsors. I recently posted a response to a fellow member who had asked a question about purchasing a product. I actually used a Canreef sponsor in my answer to this member. I was shocked and ****ed off when revisited the posting and saw that my answer had been changed and was referring to another sponsor entirely. When I questioned this I was informed by the Canreef sponsor that the other sponsor was not an official supplier of this product and they had edited them out of my answer. They apologized but my query is how can one member{sponsor} have the authority to make changes to an answer posted on the forum? I can understand if they close the thread, delete the thread but to change my answer is in my opinion very wrong! Changing a fellow members answer should not be allowed..delete it and contact the member as to why it is deleted is fine with me, but to change my answer and edit it with another answer is plain and simple ...wrong. If Canreef staff are going to adhere to this policy then when somebody asks for a product and gets a response for a non vendor like King Ed Pets etc I guess that won't be allowed. So if someone asks where is the best place to buy a Red Sea Max I guess I better not see anybody respond with an answer that doesn't point directly to a Canreef sponsor or I hope that is going to be omitted{not changed} as well. If I get my posting privileges suspended for this rant ..so be it...