Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
When's the BBQ? Me and my new bike will be sure to show up.

thats awsome! but it would b a shame to scratch up that fender sitting on it while your cookin.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchM View Post
I buy a small pork shoulder from a farmers market. The lowest I can get my barbecue down to is 250. If I could get it down to 200 I would cook it longer.
I'm a little wary of barbecuing too much (as in getting a full-on smoker) because I'm told that it can really attract bears around my area.

Mitch
I used to do roasts and such on my BBQ with tinfoil wood packs. what I used to do was light one side on low, put a drip pan under the other side and put the roast over the drip pan. then I used one of thoes cheep ovin thermomitors beside the roast and proped my lid open with a rock so there was enough of a gap to drop my temp at the roast to 225.

first time I did a roast this way it was so good, it is the only way I am allowed to do them now. haha

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
the hot pipe going up will have a damper in it to shut it off, in the picture it looks like it is short and goes strait up but I will come off the back of the burn box and loop up so I could have two dampers if I wanted and a little longer of a pipe. I am also looking at insulating the bottom of the verticle chamber. for cold smokin I would configure it so it goes through the side into the main body, goes to the end, then back over the top into the other section. I still need to be able to get up to 225 in the verticle section for when I do sausages, but I also need to be able to get down to 90 degrees also for doing cheese and other cold smoked stuff.

Steve
that should work if you canget it down to the 90 degrees for the cold smoking. Not that my idear is any better yours may work better only way to tell is to make them.. That is not happening soon any ways good luck.

Bill
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Binare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchM View Post
I'm a little wary of barbecuing too much (as in getting a full-on smoker) because I'm told that it can really attract bears around my area.

Mitch
Last year I had two homeless people try and steal ribs off my barbeque, they were halfway through my yard when I went out outside, the panicked and dropped them, I was ****ed 4 hours into em. Least they coulda done was actually eat them lol.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
that should work if you canget it down to the 90 degrees for the cold smoking. Not that my idear is any better yours may work better only way to tell is to make them.. That is not happening soon any ways good luck.

Bill
ya, summer at the soonest, and I will probably change the plans 40 times befor then . I have to buy a new welder as min was ripped off out of my storage locker when I was getting ready to move. So I have to figure out where to buy a new one and what kind I want to get now. then I have to find steel for cheep.

Steve

Old 01-21-2010, 06:19 PM
bvlester

for the welder there are many places to get one on the cheeper side I belive the toold place just past costco has small mig welders and stick, I like tig welders way more versitile in what you can weld with it. Costs more and is hand fed but you controle every thing I believe the place is called KMG or some thing like that. Any welding supply store will have welders of all sizes and shapes they usely have some on site you can try. the toold house is in vallyview they carry some also.

For the metal down on rod road there is a welding shop Bloat works there I believe he may be able to get you a deal but you can also goto the scrap metal place right there and buy some depending on what you are looking for and if they have it.

You can also try going directly to 3M steel on Mount Paul Way if you buy full sheets and lengths of stock you should be able to buy from them.
Bill
Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 PM
bvlester

well finished smoking the rainbow trout the kids love it cure was brown sugar salt and maple suryup as I could only find my maple chips. goto to find the others they are here some where..
Bill
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
well finished smoking the rainbow trout the kids love it cure was brown sugar salt and maple suryup as I could only find my maple chips. goto to find the others they are here some where..
Bill
should have said somthing, I have about 3 different flavors of chips here.. got two more somewhere in boxes.. got to finnish unpacking the shop one of these days

Steve

Old 01-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Pescador is on a distinguished road

Mmmm smoked Rainbow my fav, enjoy.
We're lucky in Calgary with this new Bass Pro Shop they have a ton of smoking stuff. I really like the Bradley puck shaped thingers that come in different woods.
110g mangrove refug/sump
Poison Dart Frog Vivarium
Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM

ok so here was last nights supper.

ready to go on the smoker.

ready to be foiled

and finaly reddy for my belly

Steve