Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 AM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road
Default SEA-MAX Trade Show. OC travelling Band of Coral Vagabonds.

Hi All,

A few months ago I posted that OC is hoping to organize a traveling group of reefers and vendors to attend SEA-MAX that is taking place in Seattle on July 23-24. Many of you stated that it was too far away to make concrete plans but now the time has come to finalize commitments.

Here is their link to the event and please note that the trade show organizers have been able to negotiate a deal with the Mariott hotel for better room rates.

http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/SEAMAX%20INDEX.html

I would like to have an idea of how many people are planning on attending this 2 day event and if you would be interested in traveling with OC and friends.

Myself and a few vendors will be offering a "swag" bag for attendees so to make sure we have enough "swag" to give away, please contact me asap so that I can organize the freebies with the other vendors.

Now for the good part. O.C. WILL be able to offer all OC attendees the ability to bring back NON CITES livestock

I will facilitate the importation of your NON CITES livestock that you buy at the trade show. There will be a nominal sur charge applied due to the cost of filing the paperwork with USFW; so the more people involved the more diluted the fee will be.

Details surrounding this will be made more concrete as we get closer to the date.

Please PM me if you have ANY questions regarding this or the event. It is very rare that a U.S. lead trade show occurs so close to our backyard. Don't miss out on this chance to meet some great vendors that you may not otherwise have a chance to meet.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

As it stands now, count me in. Keep us posted with details! (costs, travel, etc.)

Cheers dude!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Wow Paul, you are AWESOME!!! I will be attending but it is a tag on to the end of our family vacation and we are driving thru seattle so I will see all you guys there! Wheeee! I can't wait!!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I wish I was closer.

This sounds like a fantastic opportunity to find some things that may not be in Canada.

Good on you for organizing and including the locals out in your area!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:25 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

wow, so no problem with the islanders meeting up and tagging along??
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

I'm in but we will be entertaining my wifes sister and her family from Australia so I won't be travelling with the group. We'll make our own way down and back.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Hi Rick,

As always, OC does not prejudice where you live or travel from. All are welcome in our group. Will you be taking the ferry down or meet up in Vancouver/Aldergrove?

Thanks

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.ald View Post
wow, so no problem with the islanders meeting up and tagging along??
Old 04-18-2011, 04:56 PM

Great! We'll have a room booked so anybody that's passing through and want to meet up for dinner and drinks after the show are welcome. Should be a great time.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Wow Paul, you are AWESOME!!! I will be attending but it is a tag on to the end of our family vacation and we are driving thru seattle so I will see all you guys there! Wheeee! I can't wait!!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

I have a room booked at the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights. I might be looking for a room-mate..Don't know for sure yet.

I'm prolly going to head over Friday on the ferry and come back Sunday afternoon. Rick have you checked the cost of flight vs ferry?

Everyone remember if you fly you need a passport... By land or water you need a passport OR an enhanced Drivers License.

Non CITES Paul? As in softies and unattached zoas? How would this work? Would we purchase the coral and leave them with you Sunday? And i guess hook up sometime later after the border crossing?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:33 AM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

shelley, we have alaska air miles so we will fly on points via kenmore air seaplane.

off the top of my head i think it is about 300$ + tax(es) return on kenmore air from victoria.

shelley, what does the clipper cost?

paul how is the mainlanders traveling?
as a group? what type of transport?
rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
I have a room booked at the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights. I might be looking for a room-mate..Don't know for sure yet.

I'm prolly going to head over Friday on the ferry and come back Sunday afternoon. Rick have you checked the cost of flight vs ferry?

Everyone remember if you fly you need a passport... By land or water you need a passport OR an enhanced Drivers License.

Non CITES Paul? As in softies and unattached zoas? How would this work? Would we purchase the coral and leave them with you Sunday? And i guess hook up sometime later after the border crossing?

Last edited by don.ald; 04-19-2011 at 01:36 AM.