Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Seller was unwilling to part out
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 AM

Navarchus is on a distinguished road

tunze is the best!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I'm loving playing around with these things. The streams are very loud in the rocks but it's rock on barebottom. I'll have to test them out with sand. The stream on the back wall is near silent I am really amazed. Now I'm thinking of placing the two on the back wall in the traditional spits but unsure where and how to place the third. In a rock blowing along theback might be sweet.

Still heartbroken about the waveboxes not working in the tank tho. I recall reading that the pumps in them are actually 6201 streams if you swap one thing out.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

How much clearance do you need with the return pump going? I have the tunze magnets on my wavebox and I find if you put them on and carefully move them up the tank, you can get that little bit of an extra shove to get the wavebox the right clearance above the water. Currently the water level is just below the top of the wavebox (the top grate that slides across the top of the box is just barely out of the water) and mine works fine. You may want to give that a try if you haven't already.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Gold Member

Oh I thought the water had to be at that blue line? Maybe I need to play with it a bit more when I have both boxes running. I think I can manage about 1 cm of box above the water line.

Do you have a center overflow? I also found the operation of the wavebox to be pretty darn loud with all the water spilling in there. My herbie is silent!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 AM

Tomjay is on a distinguished road

I have my wavebox controlled by the profilux and its set for 2 seconds....you should use your wavebox controller instead of the multi-controller, once you have it dial-in its sweet watching the softies and Anemone sway in the wave even some of your fish will swim against the wave (current) pretty cool to watch.

Oh I have mine at the blue line also remember you should have no obstruction in the path of the wave
Old 08-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Oh I thought the water had to be at that blue line? Maybe I need to play with it a bit more when I have both boxes running. I think I can manage about 1 cm of box above the water line.

Do you have a center overflow? I also found the operation of the wavebox to be pretty darn loud with all the water spilling in there. My herbie is silent!

As long as that blue line is just below the water you're good to go. I find its a bit designed like a durso. Having the whole thing submerged (I didnt' read the instructions when I first got mine "instructions? who cares, lets get this baby running!") and sunk the whole thing. Its very bubbly and messy that way. Having the top above the water allows for silent running and no bubbles.

I don't have a center overflow, just an end one. That sucks about the noise, I see you already have them for sale

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Gold Member

Lol yeah just one was too loud. The herbie, the bubble king etc. I've put too much effort into making this quiet enough for my livingroom. I was hoping itwas quieter. Doh!

I think raising the water level in my overflow would help. Oh and not pushing 2500+ gallons per hour through my sump

Last edited by lastlight; 08-12-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:03 PM

TheBits is on a distinguished road
Default A man can dream....

Well lastlight,
Your ALW is moderately impressive. I might have to get your plans so that I can build one of my own. Of course I'd put it to better use in the bedroom as an "Actuated Lady Winch", and I'll need one that's capable of lifting 300+ lbs. If you really want to do something spectacular with your tank you will email me and allow me to mentor you to become a true aquarium master. To further sweeten the deal, I have provided an artists rendering of what your tank could look like with my guidance. I'll be expecting your call shortly.

Master Bits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sexytank.jpg (18.8 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by TheBits; 08-17-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Gold Member

LOL.

Sorry guys. TheBits is some guy from work that's been hitting on me for months now. He was terminated last week. Good luck buddy and keep your planted-tank dreams to yourself =)