Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Ocean Aquatics

Old 04-24-2012, 08:18 PM

subman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
WHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTT???? Where did it go???!!! I would have paid top $$ for that!!! now I have even less of a reason to go there....
Ummm its been gone for 2 years

You need to come by more often lol

My other summer hobby:
http://www.edkra.ca
Old 04-24-2012, 08:23 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

poop.... i really don't get there often.... i went to the one on ellerslie and 111th! lol! oh well!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:25 PM

reptile guy is on a distinguished road

As a business owner you know it's hard to please everyone but we care about our store and our customers so always want there visits to be great. I love this hobby being able to have part of the ocean in your living room still amazes me and I've been keeping animals as long as I can remember yet never tire of it. Think the wife does as now starting to set up tanks in the kids rooms too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
Absolutely! I was typing as your replies came up, slow thumbs today.

I love the passion this hobby envokes. One person has a so so experience and we jump to the stores defence asap. It must be a great store and I will have to make a trip out that way one day as well.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM

troni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile guy View Post
As a business owner you know it's hard to please everyone but we care about our store and our customers so always want there visits to be great. I love this hobby being able to have part of the ocean in your living room still amazes me and I've been keeping animals as long as I can remember yet never tire of it. Think the wife does as now starting to set up tanks in the kids rooms too lol

just throw a sign up saying your in renovation.

M&M storeÉ(question mark) there a m&M storeÉ(question mark) 2 things where and dont tell my wife!

20g reef 25g sump, DIY led form modular led, 2 false percs

Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

As a business owner myself... I do appreciate any comments from a customer. It doesn't really matter who is wrong, who is right, rant this or that... But a customers impression does matter, and what they take away from their interaction with your business.

I give KUDO's to the LFS for coming on to explain. Very honeslty in fact, and I would tend to respect that, and give them another try.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 PM

Rant was meant in a very laughing way but do take all concerns seriously and will do our best to improve on as many issues as we can. Right now lots of changes are going on and will be much restocking upcoming just at the moment it's keeping up with it all lol . Thank you I pride myself in running our store with honesty to me that's first and foremost the most important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
As a business owner myself... I do appreciate any comments from a customer. It doesn't really matter who is wrong, who is right, rant this or that... But a customers impression does matter, and what they take away from their interaction with your business.

I give KUDO's to the LFS for coming on to explain. Very honeslty in fact, and I would tend to respect that, and give them another try.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Well said! And don't forget to add that you guys are the friendliest, most helpful store around too. Oh, and damn funny! You and Janet are like your own stand-up act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile guy View Post
This is Jim from OA the guy you were speaking with yesterday. I'm not on here too often ( young kids at home take up a lot of ones time lol ) but Wendell told me about the comments you made about the store so felt I should address. At the moment yes parts of the store are in a bit of disarray because of renovations with large tanks being moved and taken down and soon a new frag tank to be put up. While by no means a disaster the shops not as tidy because of that fact. Lots of big displays, hardware and all types of products would be great but require funding to do so and funding we don't have. It's not that easy or simple in a hobby that's slow right now with a lot of people that have gotten out and not many getting in. You can't order and do all these things if your funding doesn't allow it though it is something were working on and will hopefully be changes upcoming. We used to have 3 people on during the week now except for one day there's just one. Most of the time during the week it's just me here so hard to keep on top of it all and make all the improvements we would like to see done. It's unfortunate to hear a store on the island seems to be closing as I'm a hobbyist first and love to see all the stores stay a float but such a tight market right now. While were not where we'd like to be just yet we're working on some of those goals which will hopefully be a benefit to our customers. If you come into the store to talk to me you will always get an honest answer and will always do my best to help you out. If I don't know the answer will tell you and will not make one up. If I show you a product and seem excited about it it will be because I am and likely want the same for my tank ( new LED lighting for my 300 lol Also something I'm working on lol ). First and foremost we believe in running the store honestly so is why I'm being upfront and telling you how things are. We have some great customers ones I love to chat and joke around with whether there buying something or not there always great to see. If you feel our store is very disappointing then there's plenty of other stores to shop at but I have to disagree and know our good customers will still come in. I feel making such a judgement call on one visit seems quite hasty but everyone is entitled to there thoughts.Funds maybe tight at the moment as they are for so many stores but things are slowly being addressed and I still take pride in OA. That's my rant for the day and thanks to all our customers posted the nice words and hope to see and chat with you soon!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM

Well think all the renos and changes would have been done already but takes time keeping Janet in check and out of trouble ( worse than my kids lol) . Yes we seem to always be joking around and love to give everyone a hard time but that's what makes it so fun to work here and met lots of great people because of it. What fun would work be without the laughs lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Well said! And don't forget to add that you guys are the friendliest, most helpful store around too. Oh, and damn funny! You and Janet are like your own stand-up act.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the input Jim
I don't see anything in my post that told people not to shop with you. I also said nothing about not returning. I had a good experience dealing with you personally

And ya, a sign explaining the status of the store would have taken all the disappointment out of my visit and I would not have posted anything
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM

Greg never said you were saying for people not to come to the store. Though in saying you only liked the frags and found everything else very disappointing after a short visit than I felt I should explain as to why things may have appeared that way. Maybe I should have informed you as to all that is going on at the moment but it didn't appear like you were wanting to know. We had a great chat about plumbing and the one weird fitting check valve and few laughs about it so had no idea you felt this way . If you had shown any concern or had any questions I would have gladly answered them and will try and let more people know all that is upcoming for the store. Lots of people know that were doing a bit of reno's but will try to get the word out so everyone is informed. Though I'm sure this thread is now helping lol. Hopefully you'll be back in when everything's back on track and have a better experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Thanks for the input Jim
I don't see anything in my post that told people not to shop with you. I also said nothing about not returning. I had a good experience dealing with you personally

And ya, a sign explaining the status of the store would have taken all the disappointment out of my visit and I would not have posted anything