Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Wholesale > Hanna Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 PM

tdorey is on a distinguished road
Default Disappointed with Chekcers

I needed new test kits so I decided to try out the new Hanna checkers. I purchased two kits form www.canadareef.com

The two kits arrived, The phosphate kit only had 6 reagents. and the bottles did not have screw caps. $50+ test kit for 6 tests? So a few things may of happened.

1. Hanna charges too much for 6 tests.

2. Hanna quality did not check the test kit had enough reagents before leaving dist center.

3. The Vendor took out some of the reagents and changed up the bottles before sending to me.

Emails to both the vendor and Hanna didn't really help. The Vendor said thanks for the feedback and they will check with Hanna.

What should of happened is the vendor should of told me how many tests the kits do and send me the difference along with the proper screw top bottles. So I am not blaming 100% Hanna or the vendor but I am not happy with the purchase.

Some product advice not related to the quality, the powder reagent for the phosphate checker in the pouches are very hard to use. I would recommend you make pills, spoon or a liquid.

The syringe for the liquid reagent with the Alk test kit doesn't work very well. You are suppose to suck up 1ML, but when you remove the syringe it drips out and doesn't hold the liquid well. I would replace the rubber tip with a screw on tip so it holds the liquids better.

Any Advice?