Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Rockout

I work for UPS and I'll tell you right now that no one is going to call you when a parcel arrives it dosn't matter what you write on the box, who do you think is gonna call you, not the driver, you think they are gonna use their personal phone to tell you that your box has arrived. A small center alone pushes out 12000 boxes a day, so yeah there imperfections to the service.

Last edited by Rockout; 02-14-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Its the middle of winter what did you expect? This si why you fly live animals inculding coral. IMO you brought this on yourself.
I'm sure this is good advice because as somebody who ships a lot of livestock the one thing I know for sure is that airlines never screw up! LOL

You ship it and you cross your fingers. You can insure it and track it and phone to complain and then wait in the cargo office for 15 hours because you've shouted yourself hoarse and your phone is dead. You don't even have to call your wife and tell her you won't be home, she knows that the fish come on Wednesday and if she sees you again before 3pm Thursday it will be a nice surprise.

UPS, Westjet, Northwest, Air Canada (shudder), they're all just as bad. 12 hour heat packs or 40 hour heat packs it doesn't make any difference if they don't know where the boxes are in the first place. You may as well paint yourself orange and run around in circles in the street, that's a likely to help as a 40 hour heat pack. I've had UPS show up with fish they lost 8 days ago and they were surprised I wouldn't sign for it.

If you ship stuff you take a risk.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
If you ship stuff you take a risk.
summer/winter/spring and fall