Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ups burns me again (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49338)

scorpio73 02-11-2009 11:08 PM

Ups burns me again

4 Attachment(s)
This is what ups late shipments turn out to be.
Pat took all the precations possible to make this fool proof the pics show the after 24 hrs trying to save but I think its a lost cause.
temp on arrival 0 degree celsius after rideing in truck for 11hrs acording to tracking record

Skimmerking 02-11-2009 11:14 PM

Wow man sorry to hear that. the bus station here in Brandon ,manitoba is like that Kelly from the REEF shoppe in Lloyd sent me some stuff and one the box its says in big black letters. CALL PERSON ON ARRIVAL and my number is there.. wow and the mess that up. or the corals would come on a early bus too and not call me..

man did I light into them after that. now when i walk in they are sucking up to me.. its great. and the manger was the reason why all the mess ups/////

fragNplug 02-12-2009 05:52 AM

reasons like this make me glad to live in a city with local retailers.

castaway 02-12-2009 02:23 PM

UPS is the worst delivery service for anything not only livestock.
Google UPS and read some of the horror stories.
I have a 65 Corvair and get alot of parts out of the states if the vender says he ships via UPS I don't buy from them. They screw up and still charge ridiculous fees.

Ryan 02-12-2009 02:24 PM

Its the middle of winter what did you expect? This si why you fly live animals inculding coral. IMO you brought this on yourself.

The Codfather 02-12-2009 02:43 PM

Bring it on ourselves?

Ryan,
When the parcel sits in an unheated van for over 12 hrs, and ups does not call on arrival, i hardly see how this is our problem. Your statement is ignorant. We pay for shipping, they should do thier job.
Bob

Leah 02-12-2009 02:44 PM

Having said that, I never, ever, ever, order in the winter, unless I am fully aware that if
it goes wrong, I can only blame moi. And yes flying is good but having said that be prepared to go and pick-up at whatever time. Where I live it is late when things arrive
so I leave them over night. But then again they are awesome and know me well.
Bottom line wait till weather is warmer that is my motto, can't even trust the people
who ship them. It sucks but that is the way it is. Oh and I have learned the hard way.

Ryan 02-12-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Codfather (Post 387222)
Ryan,
When the parcel sits in an unheated van for over 12 hrs, and ups does not call on arrival, i hardly see how this is our problem. Your statement is ignorant. We pay for shipping, they should do thier job.
Bob

Why would you ship in an unheated van? What do you think would happen? Once again its the buyers fault for even thinking that your parcel will last that long.

But what was the shipper thinking?? Why not put a couple 20 or 30 or 40 hour heat packs in there to keep it warm?

scorpio73 02-13-2009 02:52 AM

Ryan

There was 2 20 hr heat pads ryan and the packing wasn t the issue ups shipping was and lost 2 shipment in spring and summer due to they dropped off at wrong house and lost the order another time so time of year really not an issue the shippment should have be delivered or i should have been contacted when it arrived at 12 hrs after shipped while it drove around for 12 more hrs in a van .
I have better luck in the winter due to caution people take alot of care in the packing ect have order as far as Ontario in the winter and have had no losses

Skimmerking 02-13-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 387217)
Its the middle of winter what did you expect? This si why you fly live animals inculding coral. IMO you brought this on yourself.

Wow that was well said. you brought it on your self.:rolleyes: