Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply

Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 PM

kat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kat

on the site it lists the brokerage fees, but what are the actual shipping rates?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:25 PM

Bryan is on a distinguished road

Add an item to the shopping cart. It then gives you options to select the shipping mode and rates
Old 02-10-2008, 01:19 PM

snarkys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
For those that absolutely need USPS. I think they have improved their tracking. Here is tracking info I received from USPS on a purchase from the US. Not sure what service the sender used, but I think it was priority mail with tracking. The delivery time wasn't so bad either. The delay from attempted delivery to delivery was because I never got around to picking up the parcel from the post office once the delivery card was left

Service Type: International Parcels

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered Abroad CANADA 02/08/08 6:44pm

Attempted Delivery Abroad CANADA 02/02/08
12:53pm
Attempted Delivery

Out of Foreign Customs CANADA 02/01/08 3:10pm

Into Foreign Customs CANADA 02/01/08 5:01am

Arrived Abroad CANADA 02/01/08 5:01am

International Dispatch UNITED STATES 01/29/08 11:01pm

Acceptance ALABASTER AL 35007 01/25/08 2:32pm
really hit more miss with USPS tracking you may get this and it may not update with anything until the day it arrives. So after receiving one of these it can be pretty unnerving when you don't get anything. While the above is a step forward it's not much help to me, the number one thing I want out of tracking is to know when it is going to arrive, the above just lets you know that your package still exists and it may be getting closer : )

we are happy to ship via usps upon request but we find it is only cheaper on high value packages or packages that are light and small. A very small percentage of our orders fall into those categories.

Last edited by snarkys; 02-10-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:22 PM

findingnemo1 is on a distinguished road

Okay this is what we ordered:

1 x One Gallon (4.5 pounds) Granular Ferric Oxide PELLETS
Options $69.99 $69.99
1 x Two Gallons (6 pounds) Activated Lignite Carbon
Options
*Carbon Partial Size : Small (Most efficient)
+ $0.00 $26.99 $26.99
3 x 100ml Graduated Measuring Cups
Options $0.79 $2.37
3 x One gallon jug with one once dispenser
Options $3.99 $11.97
2 x One Cartridge Refill (1.25 pounds) Nuclear COLOR CHANGING Resin
Options $11.99 $23.98
Billing Information

Then this was the shipping and Grand total from Bulk Reef Supply:

United Parcel Service (1 x 15.35lbs) (Canada Standard): $27.94
Sub-Total: $135.30
Total: $163.24

Then when it got here i paid: $10.00 brokerage and $8.16 G.S.T for a total of 18.16 to the UPS man at the door

Pretty good deal i think....It arrived here in the 5 days as promised and no UPS site didn't update untill it was actually in my door. But it did tell me the date of delivery and showed when it went through customs so it gave you an idea....of where it was on what day...

Old 02-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Bryan is on a distinguished road

I agree, UPS is the way to go especially at the reduced brokerage rates, only reason I mentioned USPS is some folks can't get a UPS delivery. Lot of rural areas are not serviced by UPS or PO boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkys View Post
really hit more miss with USPS tracking you may get this and it may not update with anything until the day it arrives. So after receiving one of these it can be pretty unnerving when you don't get anything. While the above is a step forward it's not much help to me, the number one thing I want out of tracking is to know when it is going to arrive, the above just lets you know that your package still exists and it may be getting closer : )

we are happy to ship via usps upon request but we find it is only cheaper on high value packages or packages that are light and small. A very small percentage of our orders fall into those categories.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:48 PM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

I don't know if I've just been unlucky but whenever I order anything from the U.S. shipped with UPS, it always costs me $25.00 brokerage fees plus the custom fees/taxes. It's happened 4 times now and even if it was a gift I still got stiffed with the $25.00 brokerage fee!!

Fedex on the other hand costs roughly the same to ship with and I've never once been charged anything, was that just good luck?

I actually hate UPS tracking, delivery date is constantly changing, example:

Last monday I ordered something from an online company in the U.S., it shipped the same day, tracking said delivery date: Monday, March 24th
never arrived so I re-checked tracking and it said rescheduled delivery for today the 25th. Two hours later my husband decides he want to go out so I re-check tracking, rescheduled AGAIN! for the 26th so I call UPS to see what's going on and she say, sorry delays bla bla bla, so we went out, just got home and I have a delivery notice at the door saying they were here but we were'nt
need I say more?

I think UPS stinks and Fedex rules!!

OK, I feel better now, just venting!

Now I'll go visit your website!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...user=4356&sl=w

Last edited by WhoPoopWrasse; 03-25-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:42 AM

snarkys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoPoopWrasse View Post
Fedex on the other hand costs roughly the same to ship with and I've never once been charged anything, was that just good luck?
someone probably marked gift on your package so you didn't have to pay the fees.

Fed ex brokerage fees are also pretty high. Value for duty ($33.75 for a $200 package) + $5.50 or 2.5% (whichever is higher)

http://www.stokecity.ca/FTN-FXG%20Br...%20Version.pdf ( this is 4 years old so it is probably even higher now)

If fed ex had a program like UPS has provided for our customers I would look at them immediately. Right now the $10 brokerage seems like it can't be beat.

Last edited by snarkys; 03-26-2008 at 12:49 AM.