Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Bulk Reef Supply (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Welcome to BulkReefSupply.com (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38983)

snarkys 01-26-2008 05:06 PM

Welcome to BulkReefSupply.com

Bulk Reef Supply is a source for all of your most common reefing supplies. We buy direct from the source and package in bulk. This results in dramatic savings.

We are located in the Minnesota, United States and very close to the Canadian border which allows for reasonable shipping costs. We have a close relationship with UPS and they have provided us with a special program that drastically reduces the brokerage fees. Any order under $200 in value has a flat $10 brokerage rate. For more details please check out our shipping page. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i2/Shi...formation.html

We are dedicated to providing quality products and service to our Canadian neighbors. Please feel free to share any thoughts on how we may be able to further improve our service to Canada.

***Special note*** If we are able to significantly increase the volume we send to Canada it is very possible we will be able to further reduce brokerage fees or even completely eliminate them.

mark 01-26-2008 05:18 PM

Good to hear and the brokerage fees, that's the main reason I stay away from ordering from the US as most companies insist on UPS (forcing the fees). Don't forget about USPS though.

snarkys 01-26-2008 08:12 PM

There are a variety of reasons why companies don't like using USPS. They are extremely unfriendly with businesses, tracking is worthless, time in transit is ridiculous, insurance claims are impossible... really in every other way than price they provide a substandard service.

We feel UPS serves us and our customers better and rather than focus on substandard services we want to focus on how we can make a quality service affordable. We feel this program has achieved that for 95% of our typical orders. If we can significantly increase the volume to Canada we will be able to get the brokerage fees even lower or get rid of them entirely. This would make UPS the obvious choice every time.

That said , if anyone requests in the customer comments that the package be sent USPS we will ship with them and refund the difference or contact you if there is additional charges.

littlesilvermax 01-26-2008 10:12 PM

He is right.

The post office for in Canada Deliveries, UPS (with decent brokerage fees) for X-border stuff. UPS charges $10, Post Office charges $5. Not too bad.

findingnemo1 01-27-2008 03:44 AM

Ordered from them just last week....Got a tub of carbon,d.i and phosphate remover plus some bottles for the do it yourself calcium additives...Very resonably priced.Great email service and it was 14.00 for brokerage and gst fees that i paid for when the dropped it off.

I'm impressed and will be back to shop for more:)

Pan 01-27-2008 03:58 AM

Yep, I too have used them quite often as well. Top notch.

snarkys 01-27-2008 04:36 AM

Thanks for the kind words : )

dsaundry 01-27-2008 04:40 AM

brokerage fees

For those close to the border, you can always ship to several places. In Sumas there is Ship Happens. Pick it up and bring it back yourself. Just pay your tax. Sometimes they just wave you through if its a small order. Grab your cheese and milk too.:biggrin:

Bryan 02-02-2008 06:35 PM

True, but not worth the hassle unless you live close by. With the $10.00 brokerage fee Bulk Reef has negotiated you would probably spend more on gas let alone your time.

Ordered from BRS last month and was impressed. Was concerned UPS would muck up the billing and overcharge me, but they didn't. Just the GST/PST and $10.00 duty. I will be back..

Bryan 02-09-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarkys (Post 297259)
There are a variety of reasons why companies don't like using USPS. They are extremely unfriendly with businesses, tracking is worthless,

For those that absolutely need USPS. I think they have improved their tracking. Here is tracking info I received from USPS on a purchase from the US. Not sure what service the sender used, but I think it was priority mail with tracking. The delivery time wasn't so bad either. The delay from attempted delivery to delivery was because I never got around to picking up the parcel from the post office once the delivery card was left

Service Type: International Parcels

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered Abroad CANADA 02/08/08 6:44pm

Attempted Delivery Abroad CANADA 02/02/08
12:53pm
Attempted Delivery

Out of Foreign Customs CANADA 02/01/08 3:10pm

Into Foreign Customs CANADA 02/01/08 5:01am

Arrived Abroad CANADA 02/01/08 5:01am

International Dispatch UNITED STATES 01/29/08 11:01pm

Acceptance ALABASTER AL 35007 01/25/08 2:32pm