Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road
Default A quick update.

Thought I would do a little update.

The tank has gone through a little transition lately. On Monday I decided to use Chemi-clean. My total water volume is about 345G so I used the entire package which said will treat 300G. I had lot of pumps oxygenating the water but within about 6 hours, several corals were struggling and my birdsnest was dead. All of the corals struggling were very healthy before the treatment too.

I let it run it's course and after 48hours I did a 20% water change. More corals started to struggle and the water looked somewhat cloudy so I did another 20%. My skimmer went crazy if I turned it on, even after lowering the water and turning it all the way down. So I continued to change water. I've now done about 200g since Wednesday and things have turned around. The struggling corals are looking much better and some have polyp extension.

The Cyano appears to be mostly gone and one positive thing is that my PH has risen. If you read above, I was struggling with PH issues despite large water changes and heavy dosing of both Kalk and ALK. Now today my PH started the day at 8.04 and currently sits at 8.18 when before I was at 7.84 and 8.01 as a high during the best days.

Anyways, it's nothing without pics...so here you go. These are just phone pics as that's all I have for a camera.

FTS

Some corals:

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.