Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

She is adorable Brad looks like she's having the time of her life!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
I can't imagine the struggles you go through every day.
Don't get me wrong, but it certainly doesn't feel like a struggle, it's just what we do. You transition into it so slowly that you hardly notice the extras (except boarding the plane ). Most of the time you don't even think about it. Sure, we get people staring at the mall when we have to break out gear and fire up equipment, but mostly you just shrug that off.
With all the possible problems that we COULD have got, what we ended up with was just a perfect little girl that doesn't talk much
She may need glasses, or not, but mostly everything appears fine other than the vocal chord thing. She's quick, learns well and is quickly moving up in stats to match kids closer to her age. She's small, and way behind other kids developmentally, but she's catching up. It's tougher on mom, as she knows lots of other parents, and seeing other kids walking at 11 or 12 months, when your 18 month old is still crawling is emotionally tough. But, like I said, she's moving up quickly in the stats, and more closely aligning with the other kids.
This is a condition that can fix itself in time (or not) so we're just waiting and hoping.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

I hear what you are saying Brad and sometimes it is through these very special children we can learn something important, as they seem to accept the way things are easier than we adults do or can. Children are so resilient and we need to learn more from them.

All children are a miracle in there own special way and I am sure she has the best possible parents she could have. I hope for brighter times for her and the two of you. Keep on smiling.

Leah
Old 01-27-2012, 01:54 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
smiles don't lie she's a happy kid! Can't imagine how exhausting your situation must be at times Brad but you sound like awesome parents.
+1

Love the pic of her walking what an amazing moment
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
Most parents have the luxury of nine months of preperation for the arrival of their children, your wife and yourself never had that. Some parents may have been overwhemed at the thought of raising a child needing special care and given the them up for adoption, you never did that. Some parents would grow distant from their spouse and resentful to life in general, I don't think you have.

I don't think she's made you a better person, your qualities were always there, she is just providing the polish to make them shine. From one parent to another my hat is off and I salute you.
Agreed, and well said.
Thanks for sharing, Brad.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

+++1000, I knew she was a beauty! How proud you must have been when she took those steps!! Life throws things at you that sometimes others don't or can't understand, but its amazing where you find the courage, strength and resolve to deal with it (speaking from experience, different situation). You may not think you are doing anything extraordinary and maybe you are or not, but striving to raise a happy, healthy child to the best of your abilities is all any of us as parents work towards! She's happy! You made me smile by sharing this! Thank you!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:03 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

my wife found this on line cracked me up:

Apple was going to make a smaller version of the iPod Touch for kids, until they realized that iTouch Kids wouldn't be an appropriate name.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
my wife found this on line cracked me up:

Apple was going to make a smaller version of the iPod Touch for kids, until they realized that iTouch Kids wouldn't be an appropriate name.
Hahahahaha. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Berghia Nudibranch...does anyone know where I can get some Berghia Nudibranch..There doesn't seem to be any Berghia Nudibranch for sale...I haven't seen any Berghia Nudibranch on the board for quite some time...
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Is that a joke?

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour