Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Ocean Aquatics

Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 PM

msjboy is on a distinguished road

Let us know when renoaare done! I have been meaning to visit the store but have not due to your outta the way location and raising 2 young kids.

Msjboy
Old 04-24-2012, 10:23 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Sorry Jim, I meant to separate this part from you;
I don't see anything in my post that told people not to shop with you. I also said nothing about not returning.
I actually wrote that part for all the ones saying I was bashing

Of course I'll be back. We had not met until yesterday only because of the distance between us.

Sure I could have asked you, or on here, what is going on with the store, but thats not me.
Imagine how many others may have gotten the same impression I did.
I was shocked because so many have talked about your store and I guess I was expecting a big outlet with all kinds of goodies
Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 PM

reptile guy is on a distinguished road

You may find were not that far away though I know it's hard to get far with two young kids lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjboy View Post
Let us know when renoaare done! I have been meaning to visit the store but have not due to your outta the way location and raising 2 young kids.

Msjboy
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 PM

reptile guy is on a distinguished road

Greg no worries at all it's great to get peoples perspectives we have lots of goodies coming but they'll be in the tanks lol. At heart we tend to focus a lot on corals/fish but we will have more dry stock soon and can get anything your after. Right now with the reno's we don't have all our shelves up yet. Have a good one and good to know you'll be back so I can give you a hard time later lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Sorry Jim, I meant to separate this part from you;
I don't see anything in my post that told people not to shop with you. I also said nothing about not returning.
I actually wrote that part for all the ones saying I was bashing

Of course I'll be back. We had not met until yesterday only because of the distance between us.

Sure I could have asked you, or on here, what is going on with the store, but thats not me.
Imagine how many others may have gotten the same impression I did.
I was shocked because so many have talked about your store and I guess I was expecting a big outlet with all kinds of goodies
Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile guy View Post
... so I can give you a hard time later lol
Ya, I saw that comin'
Old 04-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

At the risk of beating this horse some more.... I would just say that we have to give our LFS's some slack, and benefits of the doubt, as in this case.

Keeping livestock, and running on a tight budget is no small challenge, and there will be times when the shop in not in top shape. But in the end, we all benefit if they stay in business.

And don't judge a shop on the surface, or by first impressions. Get to know their strengths, or unique differences, and try not to compare them all to J&L.

I know some of you here don't like King Ed, but I have bought some neat livestock (and other things) from them, and they have the best price for IO salt. So they are definitely on my list for regular visits.

But for corals, can't beat the variety (and fish) coming into Ocean Aquatics on a regular basis. It's a little out of my way, too, but if I am in the area, I always drop in.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 AM

Aquaria is on a distinguished road

I was in the store same day as you and i didn't notice all the disarray now that said iv been to the store before and noticed changes so it could be why I didn't see it as i knew right away there was renos or somthing going on and imo OA is not known for drygoods its there awesome coral and frag tanks that I go for. its the only store next to oceanic corals that u can buy decent frags from
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

I don't make it to the city as often a I used to, but when I do I always try to find time to go out to O/A. Livestock is always top notch IMO.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 PM

beefORchicken is on a distinguished road

IMO OA has the best coral in the area