Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-19-2009, 06:14 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

If you wire up 2 floats, one that is in water that controls whatever ATO you choose. Then the other, is a HIGH LEVEL that will shut it all down. Thje high level will NOT be in the water, so wont get salt creep or buildup. Will allways be ready and working. My ATO consists of a $20 Omron timer and 2 floats, all from ebay. Works great and never had a problem.

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 03-20-2009, 01:45 AM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

i have the one from BRS, and it works great, i also have it on a timer just incase, i would easily spend 200 bucks on a more expensive one, but tried to keep the cost down by buying this one. works great for me, the problem wasnt the ATO it was the drain it clogged, i really need a better pump like a QO6000 but i cant get one at the moment as in saving money, and needing a new computer for school in september. priorities i guess, thats what the wife says. hahah no kidding, im smart with my money too, thats why i spend it all on the tank
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM

so im having some issues with micro bubbles, and im at the point where they are starting to annoy me, are there any quick fixes that people find in keeping the bubbles to a minimum. ive got my fuge flowing back into the skimmer section and have filterfloss between the glass dividers any other tricks or something i can do to help reduce the bubbles. also the water doesnt drop more than 1" over the last baffle and the intake of the pump is about 5" underwater. i will take a picture later so you understand my setup better.

edit- im also having a problem getting my surface to flow into the overflow, im getting alot of it just going around in circles to the point where i can clearly see it going around. ive redirect my outputs around but it doesnt seem to want to flow into the overflow, any ideas there would be helpful also.

Last edited by Boomboy; 03-22-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:04 PM

i know i havent updated in a LONG time, the tanks been running for 4 months now, got a few new fish, and added more rock to the display looks more natural now than it did before. got a few more zoas also, will get pictures up later battery is charging, also picking up 2 new kitty's tonight, they are 6 weeks old, i will post pictures of them also because come on who doesnt think kittens are cute.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:23 AM

well here are some pictures that i took with my crappy camera.

[IMG][/IMG]

and here are the kittens we got, they are 6 weeks old and we got them for free from an aunt.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:24 AM

im getting some hair algae between one of my corals, its the 4th picture down, the top green ones. and it seems to be irritating my corals alot, what have people done to get rid of it between the corals??