Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 AM

clowny is on a distinguished road
Default Will 2 AI Sol Super blue Work?

Just a little back ground before I start. I started with a 30 gallon tank purchased for me 4 years ago (surprise!!!...). I have purchased a 120 gallon tank, and plan on using the 30 gallon as the sump. I plan to use the Sump as a pod heaven with a Deep sand bed and/or Live rock rubble piles. I may one day turn it into a refugium but at the start it would be a completely dark sump. I plan to have the aquarium up and running by Halloween. Will start a journal once I start actually doing something besides renos on/in the house and Year end accounting...

Ok so I have a few questions actually but my main question is lighting.

First off would 2 AI Sol Super Blue LED fixtures be enough light for a full SPS reef, or atleast mostly SPS clams and the whole bit. I am also looking into the Modular LED as I saw Grizz's build and it looked amazing.

Second off and I know I am going to take a lot of guff for this but, this is going to be a skimmerless system. With a light Bio Load (2 clowns, 2 manderins (will be added well after Pod population is established), 2 seahorses (will be added well after Pod population is established) ,and 2 other fish picked by my wife (non pod eaters and non aggressive shes looking for suggestions too). So the main idea behind this was how should the sump be set up for maximum pod population Ex. (first chamber DSB, second return, third LRR with the over flow split between the two or more flow to the rock etc.)I will need baffle heights and chamber sizes to as I have no ATO thus far.

Third off what return pump would you reccommend. In the future I will probably have a Macro chamber/return/LRR or Macro and LRR chamber and a Return chamber.

More questions will be posted I am sure, but that is it for now. Thanks for the replies in advance. I posted my crappy google sketch up as a pic of the set up thus far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fish Tank.jpg (19.6 KB, 51 views)