Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Fishman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Frustrations with tank provider (Edmonton)

I just wanted to pass along the details of a recent “experience” here in Edmonton *edited*

As a fresh water aquarist for over 25 years, I decided to make the jump to Salt water a few months ago. I’ve basically spent the last few months reading and researching. Yesterday was the big day to purchase a tank. After visiting a few stores in Edmonton, I decided on a corner-bow *edited*(my reasoning was simply based on … they have something in stock that worked for me … I couldn’t find anything else around town for my situation). Anyways, after deciding on a purchase price and a nominal fee to deliver – (including installing the odd-ball metric pipes that you cannot find replacement fittings for), I thought I better have one last home inspection to make sure that it would fit through the front door, not overcrowd the front room etc. etc. I assured I would be back this morning to buy the tank *edited* … and I was, 10 minutes after they opened the doors. I was blindsided when the “boss” showed up and wanted $50.00 more than agreed upon for the delivery and 20% more for the “agreed” upon price … I walked out and will never go back *edited* … I’m open to suggestions as to where in Edmonton I can find a decent tank and more importantly, start a relationship with an ethical retailer.

Last edited by christyf5; 08-13-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

uh oh, this thread wont last long. you have to be careful about talking negative about stores or the 'big brothers' will close the thread

my tank setup
Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM

RicePaddy is on a distinguished road

A deal is never done until the money has been paid and the item is in your possesion.

I am sure there is at least one person that can say something bad about every vendor out there. However I do not think this is a venue to express this displeasure. And since you are not out of pocket any money, I would say that it could have been alot worse.

Buyer beware!!!

Will
Old 08-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys, we don't do store reviews on this board. I understand your frustration but lawsuits etc. Please no store bashing, if you have a store suggestion for him by all means post but no negative posting. Thanks.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.

Last edited by christyf5; 08-12-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Fishman is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloc16 View Post
uh oh, this thread wont last long. you have to be careful about talking negative about stores or the 'big brothers' will close the thread
Not sure what that means. Thats just what we needed. Why do we close them or not allow them. Members need to understand what we go through because of these.

Titus, {and other board owners}, provide boards like this, for us to talk about our aquariums. Plus we have sponsers, like most boards, that pay for advertising, which helps Titus with the cost of running the board so its free for everyone else.

However, when members have their negative say on the board, {why not go to the store itself}, then its us left to deal with it, both the members and the stores. Gee, thanks. We are still dealing with the fall out from the last one. I dont mean to vent on this threads author as they are new or even Colin, whom I quoted. After the last few days, this just needs saying.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 10:36 PM

RicePaddy is on a distinguished road

AI do have some nice tanks and they can custom make for your needs. They may not be the cheapest but they do quality work.

Will
Old 08-12-2007, 11:39 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Thank you Doug for posting that...a lot of members don't understand why threads that name stores and give reviews both negative and positive get closed down or removed...telling them will help in all ways as then there is an understanding to the reasons...not just a thought that the mod's are taking down threads or closing threads, or making warnings for the heck of it.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

hey doug i wasnt attacking you guys, i was letting fishman know that they have to be careful about negative threads about stores or the thread will be closed. it wasnt an insult to the administrators in any way.

my tank setup
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Thanks Colin. No problem. I was not sure who big brothers were or what exactly it meant. My post, although quoting you, was in general mostly. As mentioned, its partially a carry over from previous ones. Guess we, or myself as staff, just had to vent finally or as much as we are allowed to.

Thanks Sarah.