Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 AM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road
Default thread review - canreef staff please read

First - this is in no way an attempt to further a discussion canreef is currently reviewing/may not feel appropriate.

That being said - I am interested in knowing when the "other" thread regarding the importation of highly sought after coral frags into Canada does, or does not go back online.

This topic warrants/demands further discussion and review for various reasons, which I would be happy to elaborate on when you feel it is appropriate (the other thread got closed before I even had an opportunity to read it!). This topic affects many members, including sponsors.

I think it is important to review it here. I will be reviewed further none the less (if not here...), but I think canreef is the most appropriate forum. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

Thanks for posting, my sentiments exactly IMO there is WAY to much sensorship on this forum. Why on earth would a perfectly good post be pulled for review? This isn't the government, canreef should be MUCH more transparent when it comes to issues like this. It feels like every day posts are being closed/ removed and the reason for doing so is always EXTREAMLY vague. I would be down for paying an "Elite" member charge, this way the vendor amount could be lowered giving a little more power to members of this site. This might be out of bounds but why does the forum Admin Titus never participate in these discussions, is it not his board and would it not make sence to have his input on it?
Levi

Last edited by Zoaelite; 05-14-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Thanks for posting, my sentiments exactly IMO there is WAY to much sensorship on this forum. Why on earth would a perfectly good post be pulled for review? This isn't the government, canreef should be MUCH more transparent when it comes to issues like this. It feels like every day posts are being closed/ removed and the reason for doing so is always EXTREAMLY vague. I would be down for paying a member charge, this way the vendor amount could be lowered giving a little more power to members of this site. This might be out of bounds but why does the forum Admin Titus never participate in these discussions, is it not his board and would it not make sence to have his input on it?
Levi
Levi, as stated to you many times, if you are not happy with this board, please go elsewhere. You have no idea what we deal with in the background, and trust me, we don't just roll dice and decide to close threads based on the outcome of said dice.
Everything we do has a reason, and if it's not clear to you, I don't care. We provide this resource to people like you as a free service. If you're not happy with our free service, go somewhere else. No, really.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Levi, as stated to you many times, if you are not happy with this board, please go elsewhere. You have no idea what we deal with in the background, and trust me, we don't just roll dice and decide to close threads based on the outcome of said dice.
Everything we do has a reason, and if it's not clear to you, I don't care. We provide this resource to people like you as a free service. If you're not happy with our free service, go somewhere else. No, really.
Brad, I never said that you roll the dice for anything I fully understand that the things you do have reasons behind them and that sometimes its not for the public to hear. Sometimes though, a little accountability would not hurt, you just said that "You have no idea what we deal with in the background". Well why can't we? Would it not be so hard to say "Well the post was closed because it conflicted with someones religion" instead of leaving us all on the edje. Let me make something very clear to you though, I absolutly love the people on this forum the only thing that I'm erked with is the response I get from people like you. I post a general inquiry not insulting anyone and you come out with fists flying, did I insult you personally? If so please PM me and I would be more than glad to work it out with you.
Levi
Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 AM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
So could you please provide some insight or guidelines as to what is acceptable and what isn't? I do agree that it seems threads get closed for arbitrary reasons so sharing some of the criteria might be helpful. Also, having the courtesy to tell a thread's author that it is being pulled and why might be nice too. i don't think thread should be removed just because some people don't like them. This is a democracy and we do have some freedom of speech as long as we aren't inciting hate or anything like that.

Some of the discussions are useful and informative and people should just have to agree to disagree at times.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 05-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Brad, I never said that you roll the dice for anything I fully understand that the things you do have reasons behind them and that sometimes its not for the public to hear. Sometimes though, a little accountability would not hurt, you just said that "You have no idea what we deal with in the background". Well why can't we? Would it not be so hard to say "Well the post was closed because it conflicted with someones religion" instead of leaving us all on the edje. Let me make something very clear to you though, I absolutly love the people on this forum the only thing that I'm erked with is the response I get from people like you. I post a general inquiry not insulting anyone and you come out with fists flying, did I insult you personally? If so please PM me and I would be more than glad to work it out with you.
Levi
the post was removed because it conflicted with someones religion. Mine.

You know, with your subtleness, yes you did insult me personally. You don't come out and say exactly what you wanted to say, but instead thinly veiled it. Its the underlying tone that certainly makes me wonder why I continue here.

*sigh*

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Levi
Yes, you insult me, and the rest of the team, personally. You can't know because I don't feel like explaining it to you. That simple. Because anytime I try, you and your censorship groupies argue about it. Every single time.
You did not post a general inquiry, you posted an attack onthe board's policies. The free board you love so much.
We run it, we run it th eway we feel it runs best, and out of the thousands of members, it 4 or 5 of you that constantly complain. Oh, its not fair. too bad. Like I said. go somewhere else.
Oh, and remove the 41 frags crap from your sig, for the last time.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
the post was removed because it conflicted with someones religion. Mine.

You know, with your subtleness, yes you did insult me personally. You don't come out and say exactly what you wanted to say, but instead thinly veiled it. Its the underlying tone that certainly makes me wonder why I continue here.

*sigh*
Christie how can you read tone on a forum, I am a VERY light hearted person and I'm telling you right now flat out that the post was not meant to insult you or any of the mods that make this service possible for me. Its just a little frustrating at times to not know whats going on, thats all .
Levi
Old 05-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron99 View Post
. This is a democracy and we do have some freedom of speech as long as we aren't inciting hate or anything like that.

Ron
No Ron, it's not a democracy. It's anything but. It is a privately owned resource and will run the way we feel it should be run. That's it. If something gets removed, you can guess it was bad. We can't post an example of every little thing that might get pulled. If someone is new, and they made a mistake, we try to tell them via PM, if we have time. That is the best it's gonna get.
No democracy.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Christie how can you read tone on a forum, I am a VERY light hearted person and I'm telling you right now flat out that the post was not meant to insult you or any of the mods that make this service possible for me. Its just a little frustrating at times to not know whats going on, thats all .
Levi
You mean you couldn't tell that thread was stirring up a hornets nest? We're talking courts and lawyers, not just someone getting their panties in a twist

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252