Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Flucker is on a distinguished road

My two clowns host in their huge magnificent anemone, They do dolphin dives into it and poke there heads out. Most of the time you cant see them because their relaxing in the middle. Magnificent anemones are very hard to keep but very well worth it they symbolize clowns in the wild.

Flucker

Last edited by Flucker; 12-20-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:55 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

My Maroon pair are definitely attached to their BTA. During the day the male hangs out behind the rock which is kind of too bad, he's more colourful than the mama. The second photo is from a while ago, shortly after I got them paired off. Should be easy to tell how much larger the female has grown in the more recent shots.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:43 PM

jimbo222 is on a distinguished road

yeah i love the dumb personality that these fish have .I finally see why they are called clowns..
I was at big al's too and theire plan to mezmerize me with 200 clowns in one tank worked so i had to bring 2 home with me.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM

shrimpchips is on a distinguished road

My clowns host a Philadelphia cream cheese tupperware (with a red bubble tip anemone in it) :P

Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

My 2 Ocellaris sleep vertically jammed behind my filter suction pipe. They were in my tank over a year before they started hosting anything. First it was my green zoas and now they split their time between the GSP and hammer.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:48 PM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

How many clowns can you have in a tank at once? I have a 165G so size isnt a huge concern, but right now I have two ocellaris and thats it.

If I did get a clown and an anemone that are already a pair, would that be too many in one tank?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Flucker is on a distinguished road

I would not recommend it they would probably end up dieing.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:36 AM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

Well I just found my clowns a new home. I had a false perc and a true perc to check out the difference in their personality. The wild caught morphed into a female. I also had a blue chromis who thought he WAS a perc and considers the other two his brothers. At night I would find them sleeping on a red and green open brain coral but during the day they stayed away from it? So I guess that is not true hosting - just sleeping. These fish went from my 28 gallon to a 125 gallon so I am sure they are getting a lot more exercise nowadays!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:51 AM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier Pressure View Post
Well I just found my clowns a new home. I had a false perc and a true perc to check out the difference in their personality. The wild caught morphed into a female. I also had a blue chromis who thought he WAS a perc and considers the other two his brothers. At night I would find them sleeping on a red and green open brain coral but during the day they stayed away from it? So I guess that is not true hosting - just sleeping. These fish went from my 28 gallon to a 125 gallon so I am sure they are getting a lot more exercise nowadays!
My blue/green chromis love to hang around my clowns too haha. Wonder if there is some kind of relationship there, though my clowns dont seem to like it that much haha
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 PM

mitchelljared is on a distinguished road
Default Carpet and clowns.

Our two perculas host our carpet anemone. In the beginning, we bought what we were told to be a Heteractis magnifica anemone, and as soon as we placed it into the water, the clowns took to it, started the fighting/dominance development. Unfortunately the anemone died, then the clowns swam aimlessly around the tank. We then got a nice carpet anemone from J&L, again they took to it immediately...and it's been great ever since (about 4-5 months now).
On a side note and maybe pressing our luck, we have a GBTA on the opposite side of our tank (135 Gallons), and we're planning on getting another set of clowns to host the that anemone. Maroon clowns are more aggressive, but it's something we might try.