Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-03-2006, 04:07 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road
Default Profilux II plus aquarium controller

Hi all,

Im excited and fortunate to show you the first one available in North America, and im pleased to give my thoughts about it.
It offers a staggering amount of options, i have yet to use even close all the features, but ill comment on the ones i can.

A few of its features that i thought unique or interesting,

Modules/expansion cards are placed in the unit, avoiding a big pile of external equipment.
No screws, just unclip the sides and your in.

Therapy, program a therapy session on your tank, for sick fish through the use of heaters and cooling from 3 to 21 days.

The lighting options are crazy to say the least.
T-5 dimming,moon phases, rainy days, storms, clouds and burn-in modes,LED dimming.

Networking, software and internet (bluetooth/LAN ready Aug. i believe) ill have to update this...i havent got to play with that part yet.

Ability to control pumps with Variable flow, like tunze.

Probe quality is excellent, titanium and platinum.

One big selling feature for me, was a remote display.
An external display with more viewable area than the main unit, so i can just check up on the system without looking in the fishroom.

Power Bars, Nice to have led`s on each outlet showing its use.

There is much more ,level sensors, heat dependant light reduction, reminders and measurement storage...but ill have to update you as i get a chance to hook them up.

So far its been very easy to use and i am very pleased all around.

Marc.

Last edited by SuperFudge; 09-03-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:24 PM

safety4fire is on a distinguished road
Default What did you pay for it?

Where did you buy it from?

Greg
Old 09-03-2006, 04:30 PM

I bought it through Hidden reef, via Proline aquatics.

For everything i got, it will run you about 1450.

Wich included Base unit, external display, 2-4 outlet powerbars, redox, PH, Conductivity and Temp cards and probes.
Level sensors with bracket, t-5 dimming card, tunze adapters and pc interface cables.

I believe there is one II plus unit left with lots off goodies for it, with more to arrive in the next week.

Marc.

Last edited by SuperFudge; 09-03-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:58 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Marc how hard would something like this be to use for "someone" that is barely computor literate?
Old 09-03-2006, 05:01 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

mark that is awesome youre posting on this unit. i was reading up on it at hidden reef yesterday and was floored by what it does. do you know if it will also control a calcium reactor?

my tank setup
Old 09-03-2006, 05:22 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Marc Thank you for your Review
This Controller was our sample ,Mark is the first hobbyist in North America to have this unit,I was amazed with all the features of this computer &also the fact that all units are built with super high aquality material & most of all it does not have the software problems & gliches of the other brands.
I saw this unit a few months ago in germany & have been working with the manufacturer to make all components UL/CSA approved.which is what you see now.
Matthias Gross the manufacturer won an award in germany for making this unit ,here is the link
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquari.../uber_uns.html
I know with Marc's vast knowledge in this industry ,we will get the best review about it.
There is more info on it on their site but in german isn't that always the case for new toys
The extra extensions that come with this unit is simply unmatched by any other brand ,specially as Marc stated th View unit is made out of metal rather than plastic & looks a lot more sleek than Aquatronica.
Maybe we can ask Marc for the close up of the view unit
As far as pricing & availability ,price will be very close to Aquatronica ,with many more features& very easy to work with.
The units will be @ the store by the end of september or first week of october.
Once again Thank you Marc.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:28 PM

Ruth,

I am in the same boat with computers.

It did take me a couple days to figure it out, but most of that was spent just figuring where i wanted the display and power bars, to make sure i could run all i wanted from where they were to be located.

Part of the confusion for me is, im not german...and the unit acsessories are.
The controller has been out some time there, but has only recently made its way to us out here, with its converted AC outlets and english manuals.
The only hard part for me was to figure out the acsessories that i would need to run what i wanted, really no problem of the controller, it is more my knowledge of how any controller runs.

Jason at Proline was invaluable and extremely helpful in this regard.

That being said, i did pick it up fairly easily, and ive never owned a controller before.
Aswell, there a few german forums that i have been given links to, that will also help us english speaking folk. , though ive hooked up alot of it sofar without there use.

Besides, ill be your guinea pig

Niloc, yes it can.
A reactor selenoid would be plugged into the power bar, and according to reactor ph it will govern the seleniod.
If multiple ph are wanted, you will need the appropriate cards and additional probe.

Marc.

Last edited by SuperFudge; 09-03-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:41 PM

Here you go

It of course will scroll through and show whatever you like.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:42 PM

As Marc mentioned there are 3 suppot forums in germany for this product,however ,best of my knowledge manufacturer wil have a support forum on reef central sometimes soon.
Also if there are any questions we be more than happy to answer them here on our local forum.
Regards Proline
Old 09-03-2006, 05:43 PM

Marc
Nice picture & I love the way you have it framed & mouted ,looks amazing.