Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-09-2015, 08:11 PM

RMC is on a distinguished road

Zoa

Last edited by RMC; 05-24-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 PM

Torch (sorry for the separate posts, I can only upload 1 at a time)

Last edited by RMC; 05-24-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:08 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Weird man only thing j can think of is lights ? What you running for lights they may be not enough power.

Because if your parameters are in check your waterchanges are in check and nothing is bugging the corals then only variable left is the lights? Or something is totally off? Say maybe a copper fitting somewhere or idk not sure man

Side note? You usint RODI water ?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

And having po4 below 0.04 is a stresser for corals not sure if thays enough for them not to open never got my levels that low and honestly I find it hard to believe that with just chemiclean (small amount of gfo) and not carbon dosing or biopellets your able to get them this low in a small tank

I'm inclined to thing the levels are much higher and your test kit is off, any algea anywhere else in tank?

Im stumped
Old 02-11-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Weird man only thing j can think of is lights ? What you running for lights they may be not enough power.
Because if your parameters are in check your waterchanges are in check and nothing is bugging the corals then only variable left is the lights? Or something is totally off? Say maybe a copper fitting somewhere or idk not sure man

Side note? You usint RODI water ?

I performed a 2 copper tests today, both came back 0.0 (Salifert). I'm using RSM 50/50 power compacts for my RSM 130, 1 bulb replaced 7 months ago and the other 4 months back.

And I'm using RODI, TDS measures 0.0 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
And having po4 below 0.04 is a stresser for corals not sure if thays enough for them not to open never got my levels that low and honestly I find it hard to believe that with just chemiclean (small amount of gfo) and not carbon dosing or biopellets your able to get them this low in a small tank

I'm inclined to thing the levels are much higher and your test kit is off, any algea anywhere else in tank?

Im stumped
I'm using a Hanna tester for my P04 tests. And I have been battling GHA for the past 4 months. About a mouth ago I added some chaeto to my surface skimmer cup to help battle the green hair algae. About 2 months ago I manually removed the algae with a tooth brush outside of the tank and it just keeps coming back.
I'm thinking it maybe the Live Rock I purchased used when I set up the tank 10 months ago.
I'm currently starting a new build, it'll be likely up and running in April/May. I will NOT use my current live rock. Instead I'm currently curing some dry rock (from Fujireefrock), which will be used in my new setup. Lesson learned!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:32 AM

Baker is on a distinguished road

When did you add the mp10?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:38 AM

canadianbudz604 is on a distinguished road
Default Hmm

I do see some hair algae in your pic. So it may be eating up nitrates/phosphates and ur tests will read 0, but it does seem like you have some algae troubles. What kind of water are you using (tap/Rodi)? What r u using to test your salinity?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:38 AM

canadianbudz604 is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

I guess I don't type very fast
Old 02-11-2015, 02:51 AM

Howie is on a distinguished road

Do you siphon detritus out of the back? I had a rsm with all upgrades but I would still get a build up below the tunze and below my pumps.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 02-11-2015, 03:57 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

I would try another nitrate or phosphate test kit. Maybe bring a water sample to your LFS. If you're battling hair algae, yet your tests are reading zero's, I would try different test kits to start.

Have you tested ammonia or nitrite?

They call it addiction for a reason...