Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Wholesale > Livestock

Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 AM

PFoster is on a distinguished road
Exclamation WARNING: The following pictures may invoke excessive drooling

WARNING: The following pictures may invoke excessive drooling, the desire to test all your parameters 3 times a day, and cause you to drive great distances to your local RW retailer.

Stay tuned, more pics will follow!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Any chance the pictures include some recognizable colour? Like coraline or egg crate? It just makes things easier to gauge true colour if you have a reference, know what I mean?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 AM

The first acro is a VERY well know deep water, not common, but certainly well know.
Claude from Fauna Marin was coloring up a whole punch of these in his tanks with the Fauna Marin Power Trace series and they were WAY WAY more pink.
In a ULNS system these stay vibrant glowing pink, with more nutrient they are red, almost purple

You mean, can I post a zoomed out pic?
Sure.
But the base is not in focus here either, but you can definately see the color of the plug. And you will see more corals and coral bases and awsome colors tomorrow!

No more pics until tomorrow though!

Last edited by PFoster; 06-25-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 AM

Its very pretty for sure but without a colour reference it is not possible to know it's true colour. sorry if I come across as rude or aggressive, that is certainly not my intention. Thank you.

Last edited by Snaz; 06-25-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 AM

Fair enough.
The base is never in focus on a macro shot. It may be possible for a pro photographer to get the base and tips in focus, but not for me. Normally on the zoomed out shot the base is in focus, not this time though, sorry but it at least give a bit of referance.

I normally take all my pictures over a white background and on white, clean eggcrate like this:

But this week I decided to try something different and took the pictures over a blackish gravel. I used the zoomed out shot to set the white balance correctly then cropped.

And before anyways asks, sorry but the above piece is no longer for sale. We sold a few and have kept a few as mother to add to our exclusive collection.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 AM

Perfect. The white egg crate and purple coraline illustrate this is true colour shot. Thank you and wow great colour indeed!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:58 PM

How about an afternoon teaser, these are way more yellow in person but still an awsome tabling acro!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFoster View Post
How about an afternoon teaser, these are way more yellow in person but still an awsome tabling acro!

Wow, that is stunning Where will it be travelling to?

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFoster View Post
I know you said don't ask but it's too tempting. What unspeakable things do I have to do for whom to get a piece of this one?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
I know you said don't ask but it's too tempting. What unspeakable things do I have to do for whom to get a piece of this one?
We only shipped a few out and everyone that received them has put them in their show tanks. I dont think ANY made it to the open market, sorry.

I have a couple here but they are not for sale at all, sorry.
But they will be!
They are not for sale yet as these pieces just do not come in this color. They come in a yellow-green color and are actually quite boring when imported. Out of a try of pieces only a few colored up like this. I sat on the entire tray, but none of the rest colored up this crazy!
So we sold a couple but kept a couple.
We just received in another 20 pieces of the same sp and we are going to sit on them to see which ones color up like this. There must be one mother colony out of the bunch that is just awsome! First step is ID'ing it here. Then when I head back to indo I will work on ID'ing the mother
So if you dont have the right parameters, trace elements, amino acids etc this pieces really is nothing special.
So thank you Fauna Marin and Royal Nature!