Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2012, 11:03 PM

blacknife is on a distinguished road

The gf is out for an hour or 2 might as well sneak that 170 to prove to her i need a bigger tank.
which of those tanks in your basement was the 170? the one on the tall stand?

ok back to reality heh

Thanks for the offer but I think I can make do for now. I do have a 25g and a 14g cube neither one drilled or clean right now, and a few brand spanking new rubbermaid tubs if I decide to do something crazy.

I got most of the corals into the 55 a few colonies are in the 20g refuge. I need to do something about lighting in there. I have a 250w de pendant but i salvaged the cord when i put the lights together for the 40b. I don't really want to unwire that as it was a little PITA to jam the cord back into the wiring box. I think the original wiring was done in the factory before the box was riveted into place. so the only thing I really need to find is a male plug for a Hamilton ballast. or plug/cord combo. or any 24 inch lighting that will sustain SPS, or to mod my 250w se not hqi that used to be on the 20g that will not fit in the stand the 20 is in now.

It would be nice to keep the same or larger footprint <36x18> on any replacement just for the lighting bits I do have availiable, 18 wide always feels a little cramped to me.

I have a few things on the go for work possibilities but not all of them are local. It would be nice to know if i have to move in the next few months before i get all crazy with bigger tanks.

Must be a little stressed I just re-read this whole post and it seems really scattered oh well

Last edited by blacknife; 06-16-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Head Implosion