Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-14-2015, 01:00 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
and will be responding to my my forums post shorty and to feel free to continue with posting my incorrect claims...
Guy named Rick? Just signed up. If it gets out of hand, I'ma gonna whack somebody
Old 02-14-2015, 01:17 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Guy named Rick? Just signed up. If it gets out of hand, I'ma gonna whack somebody
This is why I love Canreef more than any other forum!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:18 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Friday night entertainment this could get interesting
Old 02-14-2015, 01:24 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Should b interesting haha
Old 02-14-2015, 07:33 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Don't mind me. Just here for the fireworks.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:47 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road
Default Which LED fixtures should I get

Fyi for your soon to be radions you can get a reeflink for iPhone programming makes life so much easier but not needed right away

Be sure to update the firmware on both radions just to be sure up to date

As for upgrading the pucks regretfully you have to send the gen 1 away to ecotech to do so. In my opinion not worth it unless you have back up lights. But as they are they are great and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Spend the money on a reeflink maybe the tir lens for wider light spread and enjoy

As for the other company don't dwell you have the better light I'm very happy with my 4 radions. Will most likely be the last lights I own.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 02-15-2015, 06:41 PM

Ya a couple ppl been telling me not to upgrade my radions. What are notible differences between g1 and G3 anyways? Yes I am currently looking for TIR lenses and a reef link. So without reeflink I can't program my lights at all? Lights should be here by next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
Fyi for your soon to be radions you can get a reeflink for iPhone programming makes life so much easier but not needed right away

Be sure to update the firmware on both radions just to be sure up to date

As for upgrading the pucks regretfully you have to send the gen 1 away to ecotech to do so. In my opinion not worth it unless you have back up lights. But as they are they are great and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Spend the money on a reeflink maybe the tir lens for wider light spread and enjoy

As for the other company don't dwell you have the better light I'm very happy with my 4 radions. Will most likely be the last lights I own.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:55 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Yes you can program them via pc as for the differences I couldn't tell you the specifics all I can tell you is your gonna love them

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 02-16-2015, 12:33 AM

Thx! Man didn't no the TIR lenses upgrade kit is so cheap. Only 35$ on reefsupplies. They have 2 kinds. I should be getting the 120 deg lenses for my 5 ft tank correct? Since my tank is pretty shallow(20" I think)
Old 02-18-2015, 04:34 AM

REEFER RICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Man I can't emphasis more on how rude reef radiance is. Didn't read their remark when they refunded my money on PayPal. Said they refunded my money to take my business elsewhere and will be responding to my my forums post shorty and to feel free to continue with posting my incorrect claims... What kind of customer service is this? I waited very patiently for them to return emails which is always 1 week after and never gives me update. How are these ppl still in business? Doesn't matter how good UR product is if u fail customer service so will UR small company.
Dear Hoang,

This last statement - like your entire thread is just not true. I was very polite to you when I refunded your money. Here is the exact email I sent you:

Hoang,

I just refunded your payment in full.

I think this is best for all parties involved.

I will be responding to your inaccurate forum claims shortly.

Rick

Rather different than above isn't it? I didn't tell you to take your business elsewhere - did I? Or did I say to continue to post your incorrect claims? I said neither - and this is just the beginning of your very altered story of what happened.

It is very interesting to me to read your posts and see how you have pretty much not portrayed anything accurately. You just wrote " okay just got my money refunded " like you asked for it. The truth ( which seems to be missing from your posts entirely) is that you did not ask for a refund - I chose after dealing with you to just refund you. If you contest this - please provide any email where you asked for a refund. Not going to happen as you did not. I chose after talking to our team to refund you - rather than deal with you. You started this transaction by trying to purchase the products for the US price when it states very clearly that we charge more for Canada.

Here is what you wrote " Hi rick I made the purchase from UR website on sat for two DM 165 P+. It showed that there was free shipping. I did not receive any confirmation from you that I have made the purchase only pay pals confirmation that I paid. How long does shipping take? " Well it shows on the page that you purchased them from the following:

DUE TO INCREDIBLE DEMAND FOR THIS LIGHT - IT TAKES 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS TO SHIP!

REEF RADIANCE NOW SHIPS TO ALASKA AND HAWAII AND CANADA AND MEXICO!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PRICE ON WHAT IT WOULD COST TO SHIP ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS TO YOU IN ALASKA OR HAWAII - OR TO CANADA OR MEXICO - JUST GO TO THE CONTACT US PAGE AND SEND US WHAT PRODUCT OR PRODUCTS YOU WOULD LIKE AND YOUR ADDRESS AND WE WILL SEND YOU WHAT YOUR TOTAL SHIPPING WILL BE. WE DO NOT QUOTE COSTS FOR DUTIES OR TAXES AS THIS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON RECEIVING THE PRODUCTS.

I guess you missed all that.

It says 10 - 14 business days which would have been February 13th.

However your first post to this forum talking about how awful our customer service was was on the 12th. We responded to every one of your emails in very short order. In fact it took us 4 days emailing you to sort out that you agreed to pay the extra shipping to Canada that is clearly indicated right on the site where you paid.

Here is your email to us on the 26th - two days after you paid:

Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 9:51 PM
To: rick@reefradiance.com
Subject: Re: New Form Entry: CONTACT US

Yes check. My address is "edited" vancouver bc Canada. Let me no the cost. How long does it take for u to send out and should I be expecting a confirmation email about my purchase. It did not ask for shipping when I paid via PayPal. If price is too high for shipping I can give u a American PO box n I can cross the border to pick up.

This was on the 26th and we took two more days to get you a cost - so this added 4 more days.

Convenient how you forgot to post this in your rant.

You mention that it is outrageous that we don't respond to our customers requests for updates for the 14th days. Actually we post very clearly on our site the following - once again clearly stated on our site:

WE DO NOT RESPOND TO PRODUCT STATUS REQUESTS IF THE PRODUCT IS STILL WITHIN THE SHIPPING TIME FRAME INDICATED ON OUR SITE - THIS ENABLES US TO KEEP OUR COSTS DOWN AND KEEP PROVIDING AMAZING PRODUCTS AT INCREDIBLE PRICES. If your order hasn't arrived after this time, please complete the form below to request a status update on your order. Please fill out every line as we cannot track your purchase if we do not have all the information. Thank you for your understanding - we appreciate your business!

What we do - and don't do is clearly spelled out on our website - I guess you missed that as well.

And frankly when I read comments like " tons " of people are angry - etc etc - who uses terms like that? If you go to the forums - we have a 98% percent satisfaction rating with our customers. Clearly facts and you do not have a very clear relationship.

By the way I did hang up on a customer - he would not - under any circumstance let me speak at all - so I told him I could not help him if he did not let me speak and he refused to so I did just that. And you know what - he called back 16 times in a row .................. non-stop. If you think that speaks to a normal person - then I cant help you.

If you read the forums - the incredible majority of forums members are good and loyal and happy customers.

We sell the best lights at the best prices and have for 5 years and will for the next 5.

If you are wondering how I found your post in a small forum in Canada - here is what one of your fellow forum members sent me:

" The kid seems like a douche so thought his point of view on what's happened between you two was probably unjust... "

hmmmm..... I guess not everyone bought your story...........

That is how I found out about your wildly inaccurate posts:

Hoang - the reality is - you tried to sneak an order to Canada for the same cost and we caught you and then you agreed to pay like everyone else does and didn't read anything on our site that explained in detail all the terms and conditions of a purchase - you just wanted your stuff NOW!

And we processed your order like all the other hundreds of other customers who did read what we wrote - and patiently waited for their lights.

And you got angry because you did not want to wait anymore and had to post how awful we are portray how you were the injured party when actually we bent over backward to help you with your shipping confusion and did every single thing listed on our site - exactly as it was written.

You wanted the lights at the great price - but you were not willing to follow the simple rules to get them.

And I decided - if you were that difficult before we even shipped your lights - how awful would it be if - God forbid - you had a service issue.

So I refunded you.

So this goes to you and all the people who posted agreement with you on this thread without taking the time to verify any part of it - perhaps you might have taken a moment to verify any of this - before you jumped on the band wagon?

Really - would that not have been the right thing to do?

My name is Rick Schott - I am the founder of Reef Radiance - and I would welcome any input from anyone on this forum to my email at rick@reefradiance.com.

Lastly - in case any one cares - why I spent so much time responding to this one thread way up in Canada - it is because I did two Ironman Triathlon in BC and love your country and absolutely love the Canadian people - I know factually that Hoang is not reflected of these great people at all.

Sincerely,

Rick Schott

Last edited by Aquattro; 02-18-2015 at 05:30 AM. Reason: personal info removed