Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Star Fire

Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 AM

Telford is on a distinguished road

What are the dimensions of the fixtures going to be?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford View Post
What are the dimensions of the fixtures going to be?
There is a post in this thread: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...readid=1509727

on RC where a member posted the lengths of the fixtures but those have been the only reported dimensions and who knows how accurate they are.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 11-15-2008, 03:14 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

These are rough sizes based on the original design, but we felt it was too bulky and as you can see from the pictures the new and now official design is much more sleak.

Sizes
Prices
Earliest availability

All next week
Old 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Thanks.

Maybe let Fauna Marin know they need to update their website - there hasn't been an update on the site since 2007 and they list Aquarium Obsessed as the US/Canadian dealer still.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Just as mine - Being worked on
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

Fortunately over the past few years I have seen prices come down on lots of different reefing equipment - skimmers, reactors, lighting etc. I think there is a demand curve where over $1000.00 for a 48" fixture and 90% of the market isn't interested. I am hoping these will be priced in the Lexus/Acura range rather than the Mercedes price range.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes most of the price reduction has been due to the large influx of Chinese goods, which these are not

The units will be priced to compete, but if you are looking for a Mercedes for the cost of a Chrysler then sadly.....
Old 11-15-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap View Post
Fortunately over the past few years I have seen prices come down on lots of different reefing equipment - skimmers, reactors, lighting etc. I think there is a demand curve where over $1000.00 for a 48" fixture and 90% of the market isn't interested. I am hoping these will be priced in the Lexus/Acura range rather than the Mercedes price range.
I agree with this sentiment. And given the current state of world economies it would be foolish to release a light that costs more than or equal to ATI's PowerModule. To be the new guy on the block trying to compete with the favorable reviews of the long-standing PowerModule after having left a sour taste in consumers' mouths with the Ultra Solaris would make for a tough sell.

But I assume Fauna Marin has done the market research and realizes this.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
These are rough sizes based on the original design, but we felt it was too bulky and as you can see from the pictures the new and now official design is much more sleak.

Sizes
Prices
Earliest availability

All next week
Still waiting eagerly.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 AM

Fauna Marin is on a distinguished road

Hi

Michael will give you the prices when iám ready with all parts
We make some changes in the electronic, due to LED and flickering effect.
Iám ready in a few days and then the prices will be send

If you have some special wishes which you want to see in a high end T5 Fixture then please write me that.

Greets claude