Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Star Fire

Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Melonbob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
I agree. But you know to expect this. And you know to take a dealer's recommendations with some skepticism. My concern is that people see "testing" done by "unbiased" hobbyists and quickly latch onto the results as being points of "fact" when the test results are usually invariably flawed or simply false. Then the problem becomes that those faulty test results get punted around on discussion boards (for example) as being based on strict unbiased testing despite the results being invalid. This is makes those results more dangerous than the recommendations of the dealer, who most know to take with a grain of salt.

Great point, but I don't think alot of people would take anyones opinion as gospel. Testing or not, I see grim's work as opinion, nothing else. What i'd like to see more of, especially with t5 lighting is, "This is my fixture, this is my bulb combo, this is a pic of my tank"
Old 11-15-2008, 01:12 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi Telford

Dimensions to follow this week
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

Prices?

I am assuming you are going to price it somewhere between a Tek-light and a Powermodule.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 11-15-2008, 01:57 PM

Prices will follow and will reflect the very high level of function and quality. I.e digital active cooling, German built single reflectors, European ballasts, quick start wiring and tube sockets. Quality acrylic shielding, solid annodised frame work etc etc. Pretty much far and beyond what is available easily in North America at present.

NO that does not mean they will be out of $$ reach that would not make business sense, and as purchased from CAD$ the units will not suffer ever changing prices or hikes due to exchange rate fluctuations which is effecting many USD$ purchased products at present.

But if you are looking for a cheap $500 fixture no this will not be for you.

These are quality German fixtures made by a renowned German manufacturer - Fauna Marin
Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford View Post
What are the dimensions of the fixtures going to be?
There is a post in this thread: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...readid=1509727

on RC where a member posted the lengths of the fixtures but those have been the only reported dimensions and who knows how accurate they are.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 11-15-2008, 03:14 PM

These are rough sizes based on the original design, but we felt it was too bulky and as you can see from the pictures the new and now official design is much more sleak.

Sizes
Prices
Earliest availability

All next week
Old 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

Maybe let Fauna Marin know they need to update their website - there hasn't been an update on the site since 2007 and they list Aquarium Obsessed as the US/Canadian dealer still.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Just as mine - Being worked on
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

Fortunately over the past few years I have seen prices come down on lots of different reefing equipment - skimmers, reactors, lighting etc. I think there is a demand curve where over $1000.00 for a 48" fixture and 90% of the market isn't interested. I am hoping these will be priced in the Lexus/Acura range rather than the Mercedes price range.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes most of the price reduction has been due to the large influx of Chinese goods, which these are not

The units will be priced to compete, but if you are looking for a Mercedes for the cost of a Chrysler then sadly.....