Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2009, 06:28 PM

JPotter is on a distinguished road
Default Mix up/problem with frags from Wickedfrags

I have not heard from wickedfrags nor have they responded to my PMs/emails over the past 2 weeks.

Has anyone else been in contact with them in October?

The reason I ask is this:

I placed a bid on their last auction and it was the high bid. I paid for the pack and contacted them by PM giving shipping and contact info. I had inquired about a purchase prior to the auction and,as advised by wicked frags, several of the pieces I liked were in the auction. A chalice I had liked was not, so I asked if I could purchase it and have it shipped with the auction pack. Unfortunately that piece was no longer available but Dave offered to send photos of alternatives plus other frags that I may be interested in. All seemed good.

That was 2 weeks ago and still no photos or reply. I have emailed and send PMs but no replies.

Now a notification comes in my email that there is a new post to the wicked frag auction.

"could the winner of this auction please contact me with proof of payment to dave. I believe the corals for this auction we're flown my frags that my friends picked up for me and I just want to make sure they go to the right home, they are currently in my aquarium. If no one claims them, then I will send payment to Dave for them."

This came as a bit of a shock. I responded to the thread and gave the recipient my contact info and a copy of the pay pal transaction. That was just yesterday and I have not heard back from them.

I have again sent an email to wicked frags. I expect they are aware of what is going on as they have been responding to various threads over the past 2 weeks.

If someone knows of a genuine reason for the lack of communication I would be very grateful if they would share that information.

Also, to me, it seemed odd that the canreef member who thinks they have received frags in error did not get in touch with wicked frags and have them contact me in regards to that.

I am fairly new to reefing and reef forums. This is the first time I purchased on line. Is this situation common?

Wicked frags is very clear as to the limitations of their "warranty" with respect to delivery, receipt of product and feedback re condition of product.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Hopefully it will end up as no more than a comedy of errors!