Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 05-27-2011, 07:12 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
I had one that I didn't have much luck with(died in three weeks), but I know Laurie has had a couple that have done really well for her..... As far as the peppermints go, they don't like intense light so, in a tank they tend to be more nocturnal.... they usually come out when you feed the tank tho
I've always had luck with them eating PE mysis, I also have kept them with large fish Tangs/angels that do get ich so maybe that's why mine were always fat and healthy. I had one for almost 3 yrs but then I had to QT the whole tank and it curled up to sleep on the heater (in the qt tank) and I found him dead the next day One I had for over a year but it jumped out and the cat got to it before I did I tried one more after that, it was eating mysis but my sixline wrasse and my trigger took a dislike to it and unforutately killed it within a week of getting it
Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 PM

FaRico is on a distinguished road

Ya I guess going to Pisces and buying a fish wasn't the best idea, figured I had store credit so why not. They said that they are perfect for small tanks, and an excellent first fish. I read up on them when I got home. Crap.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:13 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRico View Post
Ya I guess going to Pisces and buying a fish wasn't the best idea They said that they are perfect for small tanks, and an excellent first fish.
*shakes his head in disgust and wonders how LFSs can have people that know nothing about saltwater fish selling people saltwater fish*
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 PM

FaRico is on a distinguished road

Well I found the poor little guy today. Looks like shrimp food. What would be good fish for a 29 gal nanocube? I don't want to make a rookie mistake again. Ideally I'd like a pair of clowns, but do they need an anemone?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

pair of clowns are great, make sure you get one bigger than other so they don't have to fight much. Anemone is not needed they will find something else in your tank to host. Also you can install smart phone program to look up fish before buying. That was how i bought most of my fishes from beginning

Last edited by Coleus; 06-13-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 PM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road

You can get any 2 clowns. They are hermaphrodite, so one will become dominant and change into a female. Dunno if they will end up mating and laying eggs though.

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 AM

Harpo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
pair of clowns are great, make sure you get one bigger than other so they don't have to fight much. Anemone is not needed they will find something else in your tank to host. Also you can install smart phone program to look up fish before buying. That was how i bought most of my fishes from beginning

What app would that be?? Would be intrested in looking into that myself!