Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmeJReefer View Post
Two pieces of eggcrate offset one on top of the other for now until u find a suitable replacement? I've had scooter blennies jump, gobies, and even a wierd littel clownfish who really liked doing it cuz i managed to catch him twice befroe his demise on the third.
This hobby has endless trials, which makes it rad cuz its a "kinder-suprise" all the time!!!
Cant control everything. the best we can do is communicate these trials together and formulate a reasonable solution that everybody benefits from.

I've fabbed a custom fit chunk of acrylic with some smaller holes placed here and there for "breathing" purposes.

Good Luck
Thanks for the help

I went out and got the smallest plastic chicken wire i could find which was 1/2 inch i doubled it up so the hole are now 1/8 wide. My dad will be going to UFA tomorrow ro find 1/4 inch plastic chicken wire. The new lid is built and on top of my tank i will snap a couple photos tonight. And update my build thread
Old 05-04-2014, 06:06 PM

harlequin01 is on a distinguished road

wow sorry for your loss, you have a beautiful setup
Old 05-04-2014, 08:51 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Having fish jump sucks, glad you found a cover. I've also used plastic needle point mesh screen and zip tied it to egg create to make cover for nano tanks. You can find the plastic needle point sheets at walmart for cheap.

Image below to give you an idea

Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin01 View Post
wow sorry for your loss, you have a beautiful setup
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Having fish jump sucks, glad you found a cover. I've also used plastic needle point mesh screen and zip tied it to egg create to make cover for nano tanks. You can find the plastic needle point sheets at walmart for cheap.

Image below to give you an idea

I ended up getting a half inch plastic chicken wire and doubling it up so the holes are 1/8 inch
Old 05-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I used screen door material, got it from Rona and the DIY metal system to normally attach it to windows. I custom built mine to fit the dimensions of the tank. I thought I had photos here but apparently not. Fish can fit through any hole that their head will fit through and believe me, some of them are really determined to get through that hole even if they have to try several times (it seems that way anyways). I ended up giving up on gobies and blennies for that very reason.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.