Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Abbyreefer is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you Aquatic Addictions

Just wanted to publicly say thank you to Dan and his staff at Aquatic Addictions. While I was away on holidays my inlaws had been looking after my tank. One of the days the siphon went out on the tank and had not restarted along with my skimmer suddenly going nuts and overflowing my sump onto my floor. My father in law was not able to restart the siphon and had gone in to see Dan at AA (in a bit of a panic from what I hear...lol). Dan had come to my house, restarted the siphon along with re adjusting my skimmer saving my entire 100 gal tank. I'm soooo thankful to Dan and his staff for going above and beyond and provide customer service that well exceeds any expectation I could have.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Now this is what I like to see, having your LFS owners/employee making the time to help out a customer in time of need. This shows that Dan really cares, and is not just interested in the sale.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM

Keri is on a distinguished road

Wow! That' some GREAT service!!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 PM

rocknroll is on a distinguished road

I've been in and talked to Dan as well. I'm new to the hobby - actually just going to start my first reef tank this weekend. They have been really great - willing to answer any questions and spend as much time as I need to help me out - and I haven't even bought anything yet! (but I will)
Old 11-14-2008, 10:41 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keri View Post
Wow! That' some GREAT service!!
IT SURE IS!! Good for you AA!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Great to hear that everything worked out. Awesome service!!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 12:51 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

this is well deserved of the store. they do rock. i was in there today saying that i'm ready to start again and it felt good to go into a store again and be a 'fish geek'. they are totally willing to talk with ya, listen to rants and offer advice. hats off to you guys. awesome job. it sounds like its only gonna get better

my tank setup
Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 AM

Haloreef is on a distinguished road

Yea Dan and Nikki are great! I am so glad to have a store close to home again. Colin, I can have a few frags for you in the near future. Our hours don't seem to match up so I could leave them at Aquatic Adictions for you. How about a hot pink with lime green mouth Mycidium, Rainbow Monti, green with purple tip "Acro. Plana?" pink birds nest, bright green with brownish polyp Confusa." Maybe some more if I look hard enough.
Let me know when it will work for you.
Anything to keep you in the hobby dude, well almost anything. I will never cheer for the Leafs!!!!!
Keith.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:48 AM

Aquatic Addictions is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your kind words

AbbyReefer: We were happy to help out a fellow reefer . We would hate to see anyone loose their tank especially over something that was an easy fix.

We are hobbyist just like everyone else and really enjoy talking 'Reef/Fish Geek' with other enthusiasts. It's reassuring to know that we are not the only ones crazy about this addiction we call a hobby. There is always something new to learn and a wealth of knowledge to be share between those with experience and those just starting out.

Again, thank you all for the wonderful comments. We really appreciate it.

Aquatic Addictions
Old 11-15-2008, 02:38 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Thank you also AA. Great to see another LFS that actually gives a crap. After a local canreefers misfortune with their tank recently, we at RC here in Calgary have setup an ERT(emergency response team). Sounds official eh? Its just a list of people that have said that they would be willing to help if they are able to, in an emergency. We have anted up good deals at the store to anyone on our list who goes out of their way to help a fellow reefer in need. Good on you AA.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694