Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 PM

whiteice669 is on a distinguished road

the spark plug blowing out problem is in the 2 vale engine, the threee valve came out in 04, as for breaking them off, with regular maint and proper removal procedures this is not problem
aga 180g dual overflow 77g sump, mak 4 return, dart pump for closed loop 3 250w se 15,000k mh, 4 80w t5 250 vertex skimmer,3l vertex zeo reactor, marine tech cal reactor.regal,powder brown and yellow tangs, chromis eyelash blennie blue mandran, slowly filling with SPS
Old 12-31-2009, 04:54 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

What a nice truck! Too bad I would never own another Ford vehicle as long as I live.

Buy a Toyota and it will never let you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
This looks pretty trick..

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

$50k to start though ... ouch. It was a fantasy I had for about 5 minutes until I finally got the Canadian pricing page to load correctly, and then I was all.. Ok I guess I better go back to work now.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:31 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
What a nice truck! Too bad I would never own another Ford vehicle as long as I live.

Buy a Toyota and it will never let you down.
untill you try to get somthing fixed and find out it is 4 times the cost, or untill you try tow somthing with real weight up a grade 6 hill.

The problem with questions like this is that all your going to get is emotional responces, some one got a lemmon (weather it be dodge, ford, chev, toy, ect..) and harps about them like they are all bad. my theory is that all trucks are the same.. 4 wheels, doors, stearing wheel, ect.. you just have to find the options that meat your need and fine the interior that you find comfterable and functional. I will admidt that I am a ford fan, but I have owned, dodge, chev, toy, and now VW. the toy was a ok truck, no power for towing, body was made of cheep metal and a lot of the frame and suspension parts are pretty under enginered compared to NA trucks. Dodge I found to have a low quality interior and a tone of squeeks and rattles, chev I like the truck but cant stand the interior look and the seats on them. the ford, I found was deicent all around with a nice interior and comfterable seats. now this is all personal preferance so I can't say that you will feel the same. but you can always do what I did when I bought my F150 and when I traded it in on a diesel. take them all for test drives, good ones, not the around the block type. take notes on like and dislikes and make a comparason.

I have owned 10 fords over my life time and only 1 was a POS, but having said that it was a POS cuz I drove it like it was stolden and didn't fix anything till it broke. I know a couple people whith chevs, three with dodges, 1 with a toy and about 15 with various fords 2000 and up. no one is unhappy with there trucks and no one has had any problems except the toy but it was fixeed under warenty.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:29 PM

I heard that Toyota is not allowed to build a 3/4 or 1 tonne truck, since they will wipe out the American market. They are expensive to fix so I am told, but I have had my Fj Cruiser since May 2006, and have not had a single problem with it. Believe me, I take this truck to Mclean creek and jump it off of stuff, and drive it like I stole it. Our F350 was expensive to fix too!!!

Our F350 was the biggest heap there is. I know it happens but because it broke so much, Advantage Ford did not want to fix it anymore and left it on the lots for 6 weeks a year ago. We had to have it towed elsewhere, twice. Out F350 blow up a year old transmission the day we put a 14 foot trailer for our quads on it. It was empty, and Ford did not want to pay the $8000 for the new tranny. It took several weeks to work that whole mess out with them too. We bought EXTENDED warranty believe it or not and here we are having issues with repairs. We had so many issues with it that we puled the insurance and registration on it, and allowed it to be repoed from our house. We took a credit hit since we just could not give the keys back and walk away from it. It has now been sold and I pity the fool that bought it. It was a beautiful truck on the outside...

I hear so many horror stories about Ford and their lack of fixing their broken product. Mind you, I am sure everyone has similar stories with every manufacturer. I had an old 1993 Chevy Blazer full size, and drove it for 500000km.... on the same drive train. When it started really rusting on me, I got my Fj, since I loved them when they first came out. Now everyone has them of course. I miss my old Blazer, it was a sweet truck.

MY hubby looked at the Tundras and says they sound tinny inside when you shut the doors. He says a truck should have that vacuum noise and be silent inside when you are driving. I tend to agree. Our F350 made such a racket though, I am surprised he would notice any inside noise on anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
untill you try to get somthing fixed and find out it is 4 times the cost, or untill you try tow somthing with real weight up a grade 6 hill.

The problem with questions like this is that all your going to get is emotional responces, some one got a lemmon (weather it be dodge, ford, chev, toy, ect..) and harps about them like they are all bad. my theory is that all trucks are the same.. 4 wheels, doors, stearing wheel, ect.. you just have to find the options that meat your need and fine the interior that you find comfterable and functional. I will admidt that I am a ford fan, but I have owned, dodge, chev, toy, and now VW. the toy was a ok truck, no power for towing, body was made of cheep metal and a lot of the frame and suspension parts are pretty under enginered compared to NA trucks. Dodge I found to have a low quality interior and a tone of squeeks and rattles, chev I like the truck but cant stand the interior look and the seats on them. the ford, I found was deicent all around with a nice interior and comfterable seats. now this is all personal preferance so I can't say that you will feel the same. but you can always do what I did when I bought my F150 and when I traded it in on a diesel. take them all for test drives, good ones, not the around the block type. take notes on like and dislikes and make a comparason.

I have owned 10 fords over my life time and only 1 was a POS, but having said that it was a POS cuz I drove it like it was stolden and didn't fix anything till it broke. I know a couple people whith chevs, three with dodges, 1 with a toy and about 15 with various fords 2000 and up. no one is unhappy with there trucks and no one has had any problems except the toy but it was fixeed under warenty.

Steve
Old 12-31-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post

Our F350 was the biggest heap there is. I know it happens but because it broke so much, Advantage Ford did not want to fix it anymore and left it on the lots for 6 weeks a year ago. We had to have it towed elsewhere, twice. Out F350 blow up a year old transmission the day we put a 14 foot trailer for our quads on it. It was empty, and Ford did not want to pay the $8000 for the new tranny. It took several weeks to work that whole mess out with them too. We bought EXTENDED warranty believe it or not and here we are having issues with repairs. We had so many issues with it that we puled the insurance and registration on it, and allowed it to be repoed from our house. We took a credit hit since we just could not give the keys back and walk away from it. It has now been sold and I pity the fool that bought it. It was a beautiful truck on the outside...

I hear so many horror stories about Ford and their lack of fixing their broken product. Mind you, I am sure everyone has similar stories with every manufacturer. I had an old 1993 Chevy Blazer full size, and drove it for 500000km.... on the same drive train. When it started really rusting on me, I got my Fj, since I loved them when they first came out. Now everyone has them of course. I miss my old Blazer, it was a sweet truck.

MY hubby looked at the Tundras and says they sound tinny inside when you shut the doors. He says a truck should have that vacuum noise and be silent inside when you are driving. I tend to agree. Our F350 made such a racket though, I am surprised he would notice any inside noise on anything else.
ahh but the sound of a diesel is beautiful

if I remember your posts on the truck problem right, you bought a modified truck from a dealership and ford was refusing to fix it as it had been modified.. rightly so... this is a dealeship problem not realy a ford problem and unfortunatly it is happening in more dealerships. Chev, and dodge dealerships are doing it also. this is a total crock of BS and the dealeships that are doing this should lose there licence with the respective manufactures. the problem isn't that they are modifying them it is they are doing it wrong and not standing by there own work.

I just got back from christmas in edmonton and saw sever jacked up, aftermarket exhaust and chipped trucks for sale in the lots.. nice to get the toys but unless the dealership stands behind them they are a problem waiting to happen. I have only seen hopped up chevs here in Kamloops but I haven't been looking to hard either.

I have modified my diesel but I did a lot of research first. it is a older 7.3 engine which can handle a lot more power than either the 6l or the 6.4l with out blowing up and I had my tranny rebuilt to my requirments. with any of the diesels if you up the power in the engine you need to up the strength in the tranny or you will blow it. so what you had if I am recalling it right is a dealer than upped the power in the engine and left the tranny alone. so now when you are playing (which all men do ) you are putting a lot more stress on the tranny and eventualy it goes. I think I remember your truck having exhaust work done also.. this adds a tone of power in diesels, usaly not enough on its own to dammage a tranny but it will raise egts, and if they didn't install EGT and Tranny temp gages then you will have no idea your are hurting anything untill its to late.

personaly I would have launched a huge law suit against the dealership as Ford was well with in there right to refuse warenty work on a modifyed truck, as it is to easy for them to prove that anything that adds power can cause a tranny to burn up.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM

I actually posted Advantage's add for our old truck for sale on Kijiji, and begged people not to buy it. I got a nice little email from Advantage threatening to sue me for placing the add. They had Kijiji tear it down, but I reposted it a few times. I never did hear from a lawyer or anything about it. It was sold again with extended warranty for the new buyer... wonder how lucky he has been.

Live and learn but when you pay $85000 for a truck with extended warranty to protect yourself, and have it dealer built, you think you will be covered. We bought a 2002 Silverado that is lifted 8", with the exhaust and all the good stuff. It is the gas 5.3 and has been an awesome truck, although we did replace the tranny already. Mind you a Canreef friend helped us get a deal on one from the wrecker and the repair was under $1000. The Ford's tranny was over $8000 from Advantage. The whole Ford thing was a nightmare and it would only run for about 6 weeks before something else broke on it. I figured if we hung in there long enough, everything that could break would break eventually. After three grueling years it was time to walk away from it.

I have all the service records and should really sue them, but don't have the funds to do it, which really sucks. I hear form many people their late model F350s are fuel sucking lemons and they have had nothing but issues. We were told the 2007 (ours) is the best one made, and if that is the case, man people must really be upset out there.

I do really like the F150 and we drove many of them while our F350 was being fixed. We had so many of them we noticed some were quicker, quieter, or better on fuel... were even had a brand new Harley Davidson truck for over 2 months, and put 15000km on it while Advantage did not want to fix our truck... I wonder how many trucks we depreciated in value but racking up the miles on them while ours sat in the lot never getting fixed.

We never did have an issue with the F150, and we had plenty to drive around for weeks. For me, I will keep my Fj, although there are really stupid things I hate about it, but it has never let me down. It's a keeper for sure, and I will always have a Toyota. I know no matter how cold it is it will start even though it has not been plugged in or run for days in a deep freeze. I have never had another vehicle that will do this for me. Hubby gets all mad and says it's because it is a POS and has no compression and that is why it starts right away all the time
Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 PM

any diesel made after 2003 has it issues. the 6L engin was a POS untill about 2005 and the 6.4 was a lot better but go lousy gas milage. this is the reason ford has termanated its partnership with international and has gone with there own diesel for 2010/2011

the 7.3 powerstroke was the best diesel ford used but it was only from 1999-2003 and they had to change as the designe of the engine wouldn't meet emission regulations comming in in 2005. this was the same reason for dropping the 6L and going with the 6.4 due to new ones in 2009. the engine problems were a international issue not a ford design, but ford did use them so it was very costly for ford as there were issues getting the agreed apon recouperation from international.

the new diesel looks very good and should be a eye opener for the diesel market.

I can't believe they wanted 8K for a tranny that is robbery.. I had mine totaly rebuilt using heavy duty parts, a billit multi disc converter (with the torque converter fins all tig welded) , better solinoid pack, valve body kit, steal caged bearings, and premimum discs and friction surfaces, and a few others for 4K. I wasn't planning on doing this so soon, but my truck was ripped off and driven into a lake getting water in the tranny.

I hope you loged a complaint with the BBB and ford canada at least.

Steve

Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM

MitchM is on a distinguished road

It's nightmare scenarios like this that make me glad that I keep my 2006 F350 diesel stock.
Boring, but cheaper!
It does all the work I ask it to. (towing a 14,000 lb dump trailer on summer weekends for example)

Mitch
Old 01-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Navigator is on a distinguished road

I am a Purchaser for a chemical company and the majority of our fleet are Fords. Mostly because you can service them all over, parts are easy to come by and honestly, they were cheap.

I actually quite like our 2010 F-150's. I get a chance to drive one every now and again, as it's the Operations truck and it's the best Ford I've ever driven. The only complaint our Op's Manager has is that on long trips, because he can't tilt the seat down, being a short guy, his legs fall asleep from the elevation. I have driven 2003 and 2006 F-550's in the past for summer jobs and I hated them both - gutless, no torque, got stuck in everything - but I find that the new F-150 drives completely differently. It's a decent transmission in the new ones, the same as the 08 and newer Dodges and I know that we haven't had any problems, and neither have our newer Dodges. *shrugs*
Old 01-01-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpentersreef View Post
It's nightmare scenarios like this that make me glad that I keep my 2006 F350 diesel stock.
Boring, but cheaper!
It does all the work I ask it to. (towing a 14,000 lb dump trailer on summer weekends for example)

Mitch
you can add power to them and there are a lot of upgrades that if done right are safe. If you have a standard you don't have to worry about tranny problems, but you do need to look into what you are doing and be reasonable. the 6L has a Max of about 350Hp with out investing a lot of money to keep it reliable. so you could do exhaust, intake and a good all round chip no problem but I would also not recomend any of these upgrades with out putting a good gage set in first with at least tranny temp (for a auto) and egt. optional would be a bost gage. I have all 3 and I use them to drive and adjust my gears and speed acordingly when towing big weights up hills.

Steve