Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 AM

cyberdude47 is on a distinguished road

Dose #5 today, algae is approx 1/2 of what it was at the start. Before being quite long stranded, now it's quite short. I did a water change this morning for some nutrient exporting and then dosed right after. Everything is happy so far. I cannot see any new growth from where I scrubbed and almost no algae has developed on the glass. I will try and post a pic later as I'm full on my pic capacity according to canreef
Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 AM

dose 5 pic

Last edited by cyberdude47; 11-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:47 PM

tim_s is on a distinguished road

Looking good!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 PM

Drake1966 is on a distinguished road

I had problems with my tank, until I started using an algae scrubber. After a month, all of my algae was completely gone. Never looked back!
It's safe, natural and completely works.

Thank God for the small things!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 PM

I tried the algae scrubber about ten yrs ago and wasn't happy with the system not the maintenance involved. Plus the space that it utilizes and mess it makes when cleaning are cons to me
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 AM

Dose #6 today.
Algae is still noticeably receding. It's a slow process but it is noticeable. Not sure how long its going to take to completely irradicate the algae but I'm thinking at the rate that its receding it will probably be at least three times the dosage to date as my tank was quite heavily infested with the issue. I have to conclude that I am thoroughly impressed with the results of the algaefix. Not only have I noticed zero negative results but the tank has been looking exceptionally better and significantly increases water clarity. At the next dose I am going to put my GFO reactor back online and continue to hold back with carbon.

Last edited by cyberdude47; 10-25-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Dose #7
Thinks are looking phenomenal, algae is about an 1/8th of the original started GFO but holding out on carbon. Had to start supplementing coral foods because of the lack of diatoms and other floating debris in the water column corals are extremely healthy. Fish are remaining unaffected. Crocea clam is a bit disgruntled but I think it's cause the cleaner wrasse was picking around him. No algae on glass and may have to start adding Nori for the grazers. I added a MP40 on short pulse mode and is seeming helpful to keeping detritus in suspension. I upped the lighting back to my original program (50%more with red supplement) so ill report the effect on that. The skimmer I'm noticing is working much less these days so I'm thinking its due to the reduction of algae producing organic waste and the detritus not getting trapped into it and causing additional unwanted nutrients. One interesting thing that happened today is when i was observing my tank i put my hand in the tank to place a knocked over coral back in its place an my cleaner wrasse picked at my arm a few times then jumped up at me hit me in the face and fell on the floor.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Today's picAttachment 10209

Last edited by cyberdude47; 11-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Very impressive!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 PM

I know. I realize this isn't a fix for the originating problem. But I'm finding with my experiment that it is a great solution to getting positive results so a person doesn't get disgruntled and discouraged and can continue to conquer any problems without wanting to give up