Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

vendors here have paid XXXX amount of dollars for the right to have a forum of their own to advertise what they carry and have in stock etc......These forums are paid for by the vendor and should be moderated by the vendor.......I myself have deleted posts out the the RC forum....mostly because the poster was being an A-hole.......for someone to go into one vendors forum and advertise the vendors competition is a bit of a slap in the face......No?.......

anyways......I digress.......to play the other side.......I dont think vendors should have the ability to change the words in a post.......it should be an all or nothing approach......either the post is deleted all together, or it is left alone...........JMO
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 09-08-2011, 04:56 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Old 09-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I don't think the post was made to promote the competition, its more likely that when clicking on the link to the thread, the information on where the thread was located was missed. It was probably thought to be in the main forum. Sometimes in the excitement of actually having the answer to a question, this information can get missed. I know I've done it a few times but caught myself. Its just unfortunate this time.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 AM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
vendors here have paid XXXX amount of dollars for the right to have a forum of their own to advertise what they carry and have in stock etc......These forums are paid for by the vendor and should be moderated by the vendor.......I myself have deleted posts out the the RC forum....mostly because the poster was being an A-hole.......for someone to go into one vendors forum and advertise the vendors competition is a bit of a slap in the face......No?.......
I agree with Doug on this point, venders pay, we do not. I believe that they should have the right to moderate as they see fit, especially when it deals with the competition. (Now whether this was the case or not, I cannot say)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I bet at least 500 of your post are that icon aren't they?

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Please stay on topic Christy, thanks.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Want for me to edit his post to say something else? lol

Ok, bad joke for this thread...
Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Want for me to edit his post to say something else? lol

Ok, bad joke for this thread...
but funny
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
I agree with Doug on this point, venders pay, we do not. I believe that they should have the right to moderate as they see fit, especially when it deals with the competition. (Now whether this was the case or not, I cannot say)
No, I would only agree that they have the right to remove such a post, not remove and insert words as it fits their needs, essentially impersonating the original poster.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I'd actually like to suggest we filter out posts containing the delicious popcorn when tabulating post-counts. Sorry I'm a stats whore and Kien's looking 500+ posts more knowledgeable as a result.