Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Some times I really wish I lived in Calgary. I would love to be able to stop by and check out your tank in person. Dez, your tank is amazing. I put mine tank together the same time as yours but only with half of the growth compare to what you got. I was running pellets but now considering swtiching over to zeo. Do you think if you ran it without zeo, it wouldn't have gave you such a good results? I would love to hear your input.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Sheez. None of my tanks have had as much total growth as one of those corals. Amazing sps keeping skills Dez.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 AM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Some times I really wish I lived in Calgary. I would love to be able to stop by and check out your tank in person. Dez, your tank is amazing. I put mine tank together the same time as yours but only with half of the growth compare to what you got. I was running pellets but now considering swtiching over to zeo. Do you think if you ran it without zeo, it wouldn't have gave you such a good results? I would love to hear your input.
Thanks for the compliments. If you are ever in Edmonton, feel free to come take a look. I think there are many ways to run aquariums. I simply chose zeo and am happy with it. I've actually stopped Dosing everything except for the basic Bak, food and start - this is the basis for the low nutrient system (introduce bacteria, feed the bacteria and use a carbon source). I hope you find a method that suits you
Old 07-22-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Sheez. None of my tanks have had as much total growth as one of those corals. Amazing sps keeping skills Dez.
Thanks Doug. The tricky part is trying to figure out how to avoid the growth patterns to shade the corals I like and to prevent them from touching
Old 07-22-2011, 01:16 AM

Well I figure anyone following this journal is curious to see the full tank shots. Here's a quick cell phone picture, the colours are way off, but it's just to give you an idea of what's changed since in the last 2 nights there has been 8 large colonies that have been removed. There is someone coming over tonight again to get some colonies. Anyway, here it is. You can see some of the cyano that I'm battling too.

Living room side:

Office side:
Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 AM

doch is on a distinguished road

I don't know about you... but it still looks very full and very good to me! You gonna save some stuff for your buddy Johnny or what??? Or do I have to save a throat punch for ya!!?? lol

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924
Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
I don't know about you... but it still looks very full and very good to me! You gonna save some stuff for your buddy Johnny or what??? Or do I have to save a throat punch for ya!!?? lol
You know I always have stuff And you're the only one who gets the specials...ha ha. Just let me know when you're in town next.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:13 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

lol you removed colonies, doesn't look like it. still looks killer!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
YAnd you're the only one who gets the specials...ha ha. Just let me know when you're in town next.
What's the secret there that's totally lame! I can throat-punch too is that what buddies do these days?

That's still one lush-as-chaetoBalls forest of fun there man. Looks great.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
What's the secret there that's totally lame! I can throat-punch too is that what buddies do these days?

That's still one lush-as-chaetoBalls forest of fun there man. Looks great.
Well if you ever visited then we can talk specials, meanwhile I'll take a raincheck on the throat punch.

Can you see my fugly powerhead in the pic?....it pains me Brett. PAIN! Hopefully after tonight I'll remove more colonies so that it will open up my intended see through valley from the beginning stages of planning. It was open, and then the dang corals decided to close up the valley by growing into it.