Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Naughty potters...

C. rubriventralis

Male bellus angel..

And his lady:

S. virgatus:
Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

Oh Tony, what a tease Love all your fish, especially the butterflyfish called something mountain or pyramid there. How big is your potter angelfish ?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

These guys don't really belong in this thread but I don't have a journal for my 65g fowlr .. (I should probably fix that sometime.. oh well).

Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 AM

More ... How many fish do you have in total ?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Nice Tony, your fish are awesome! Glad to see you're having some success with the SPS

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 AM

There have been a few SPS losses along the way too. I think the ones I have now are fairly resilient to elevated PO4. I've pretty much quit zeovit altogether although the zeolites are still in there (too lazy to pull them out). I pretty much quit dosing everything zeovit related however about 4 weeks ago just to see how things would go, and I was astonished at how well the tank has reacted to the absence of that dosing. PO4 has gone up, however, so the zeovit was keeping it down "somewhat" but other than that it didn't seem to be helping the overall "look" to the tank. Weird. I'm going to switch over to GFO soon but am carefully considering how best to get on that as a sudden PO4 drop is usually pretty disastrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey8 View Post
Oh Tony, what a tease Love all your fish, especially the butterflyfish called something mountain or pyramid there. How big is your potter angelfish ?
Thanks, and yeah, pyramid butterflies. I have a soft spot for butterflies. These pyramids are reputed to be among the most reef safe of butterflies so I thought I'd try them. So far they have been well behaved for the most part. I did catch them once sampling carpet tentacles once but the clowns chased them off and so far it seems that was the only incident (touch wood).

Have had the potters for a few years now, she is about maybe 3.5" long (and 2" wide )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey8 View Post
More ... How many fish do you have in total ?
Hmmm let's see. In the 280g we have:
2 - pyramids
3 - tangs (Red Sea sailfin, lavender, lieutenant)
3 - chromis (was 4 until this last week )
2 - clowns
3 - angels (m/f bellus, potters)
1 - crosshatch trigger
2 - wrasses (canary and rubriventralis)
1 - diamond goby for sandsifting
2 - mandarins (m/f)
1 - rabbitfish (S. virgatus)

So 20 I guess, wow! Oof.

In my 65g there is:
1 - C. ulietensis butterfly (double saddle back) (not the least little bit reef safe, as it turns out )
1 - flame hawk
1 - rabbitfish (S. doliatus)
2 - pair Hawaiian flame wrasses
2 - pair diamond gobies for sandsifting (they seem to act like a pair anyhow)
1 - golden dwarf moray
Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 AM

If you lived in BC I would definitely beg to come to your place to see your tank and the beautiful fish you have. They are so gorgeous and I think you feed them well
Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 AM

If you're ever out this way, drop me a line. You're totally welcome to visit, the cost is you have to endure listening to my 6 year old talk your ears off about Star Trek or whatever else it is he's nerding out about at the time. Usually it's Star Trek however. Every so often we'll let him watch an episode and then it's 6 weeks of dawn to dusk blah blah blah blah GENERATOR CORE blah blah blah KLINGONS (the weird thing is he'll go on and on about Klingons even if it wasn't an episode with actual Klingons) .. blah blah blah blah WARP REACTOR .. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a total Star Trek / SciFi geek myself so I never thought I'd catch myself saying this but it totally turns out there is such a thing as "too much Star Trek." On a totally unrelated note, we're going to go see the whole NextGen cast when they come to town next month LORD HELP US ALL WHAT HAVE I DONE.

I digress - what I meant to say is, "if you're ever out this way, drop me a line, you're welcome to come look at fish."
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 AM

What a coincidence My husband could talk about Star Trek the whole day if I am willing to listen to him. He is a BIG fan ! I am sure he would love to talk to your little boy more than me. You will regret for inviting us to come to see your tank, because I can sit there for hours just to look at your fish and your sps corals
Old 03-26-2012, 03:43 AM

soaptray is on a distinguished road

Looks great! I will be starting a project similar to this in the coming weeks - just on vacation now - have to set up all the details and measurements when I get home.