Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
Yea it won't be 3 hours its small and your arm isn't bad for it. Maybe 1.5 hours to 2
1.5 to 2 would be way better here's hoping. She actually never said how long it would take (I never asked either) just guessed 3 based on what friends said their tattoos took. I'm getting excited but scared as hell as well I will post pics of it after it's done.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 AM

dreef is on a distinguished road

Don't be afraid..don't worry if it's going to hurt,or how much it's going to hurt.My 15 year old blessing of a daughter got a start on her first a few weeks ago.I'm fairly heavily tattooed on both my arms..and talked to her about it a few times before the day.She's an angel,always at home every night,not running around the streets at night like others her own age.I kept telling her..your not going to die,your not going to bleed to death...and don't cry.I took time off for the event as i wasn't missing it for nothing.It's big and i think you should have a plan right from the start..not like me,here and there..go big or go home.She toughed it out..5 needle outline,and a bit of black shading,the colors going in,in a few weeks.And not one tear ribs are hardcore !! and the last flower is close to the groin,made me shudder..

Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreef View Post
ribs are hardcore !!

Oh ya!! Ribs sucks
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM

dreef that's cool, I'm surprised that she was able to get it done. Most tattoo places have signs in them that say must be "18 or older to get tattooed no exceptions".

My biggest fear is getting started (like having one line drawn) and deciding screw this it's not worth the pain and wanting to stop However I figure I have $100 deposit invested already, so it is motivation to go through with it
Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinac View Post
Because my tattoo is on the larger side for a girl, a lot of people ask me if I regret it. And the answer is no way! I don't take life THAT seriously, its only skin! Oh, and a lot of people ask me this: what about when you are 70 and have a half sleeve?
Odd... I've got 40ish hours worth of work done and I don't remember ever being asked if I regret it. Maybe it's because I'm a guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
I believe the pain of having one done will be enough to not get "one more"
HA! Good luck with that. The pain isn't that bad, especially where you're putting it, and they are addicting! Put the clown in a spot that's easy to turn into a sleeve... pre-planning!!

Good luck with the session... you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Oh ya!! Ribs sucks
I really wish EVERYBODY would stop saying this. I want my ribs done... but I'm getting more and more scared by the day.

Next appointment is on the 27th... probably chicken out and stick to a sleeve. lol

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
HA! Good luck with that. The pain isn't that bad, especially where you're putting it, and they are addicting! Put the clown in a spot that's easy to turn into a sleeve... pre-planning!!

Good luck with the session... you'll be fine.
Thanks and funny you should say that as my tattoo artist mentioned the possibility of adding an anemone to it later
Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
... probably chicken out and stick to a sleeve. lol
Well, there are some areas on the arm that hurt more than the ribs Do a sleeve and you'll find them -lol
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:

My biggest fear is getting started (like having one line drawn) and deciding screw this it's not worth the pain and wanting to stop
I don't think I've ever seen that happen Sure, it's uncomfortable in some spots, but not that bad that you'd stop. The arm is pretty easy too, in most spots..
Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

This is just a joke, dont have a hissy fit
Old 10-09-2012, 02:43 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks and funny you should say that as my tattoo artist mentioned the possibility of adding an anemone to it later
Might as well hit it all at once!

Quote:
Well, there are some areas on the arm that hurt more than the ribs Do a sleeve and you'll find them -lol
I've already got a half sleeve, and some forearm work... I can handle that stuff. Ribs scare me. When he got around the side of my back towards the ribs.... YIKES!!!

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen that happen Sure, it's uncomfortable in some spots, but not that bad that you'd stop. The arm is pretty easy too, in most spots..
I know a guy that had the outline done on his ribs and called it quits... hurt too much. Upper arm will be no problem though. Feet and ribs are the ones that are suppose to suck the worst, but everybody is different. The inside of my upper arm/bicep didn't bother me at all and some people can't take it in there.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924