Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Hey I was just in Campbell River this week and I didn't know what kind of retail outlet that you have this tank in...but I will be coming back before long for business so I would love to know for then.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:39 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Hey I was just in Campbell River this week and I didn't know what kind of retail outlet that you have this tank in...but I will be coming back before long for business so I would love to know for then.
PM sent! I don't advertise yet on Canreef as I have no website still...but I'll let you know where I am!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:52 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your orange shoulder. Were you treating with copper in QT? My sohal's face rotted when he was undergoing copper treatment when he had MV. Not sure if that was the case with your fish or not, but I thought I'd mention it.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Sorry to hear about your orange shoulder. Were you treating with copper in QT? My sohal's face rotted when he was undergoing copper treatment when he had MV. Not sure if that was the case with your fish or not, but I thought I'd mention it.
Actually no, I wasn't treating for anything as he was perfect....ate like crazy, no sign of anything wrong...so I was holding off..then one of my staff said that he looked like his face was getting dark, and he wasn't coming out to the front like normal....so I took a look, his face looked...."wrong"? and the next day he was dead. Very sad as I was soooo excited and he was so perfect!

Old 06-26-2010, 12:55 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
Actually no, I wasn't treating for anything as he was perfect....ate like crazy, no sign of anything wrong...so I was holding off..then one of my staff said that he looked like his face was getting dark, and he wasn't coming out to the front like normal....so I took a look, his face looked...."wrong"? and the next day he was dead. Very sad as I was soooo excited and he was so perfect!
Sorry to hear that, that is very sad and strange.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Sorry to hear that, that is very sad and strange.
yeah, I hate to say but I wish I HAD been treating him to then have a reason for his demise. But, I will get another as I really really like them!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 AM

Sooo after a long chat with Mike (skimmer king) we've changed our direction a bit...we're going to install a remote sump along side the tank with an in sump skimmer. We don't like the noise of the pump with the external....sooooo the build will be changing but I can't wait...no more heaters in the tank, or hoses of any kind...YAY! And places to put reactors and such. Maybe not the easiest to do at this point but...the build is stalled anyways as our contractor has not come by to start the cap. ARGH...it is just sitting there waiting for our lights but no cap so can't do it.....I don't do well with waiting as it is...but we called him over 6 weeks ago and he was coming by that night....I think he may have gotten lost!

So...on to better stuff now!!

And, HUGE thanks to Mike (skimmer king) for his help and advice. I think we may actually be a lucky group to have someone like him that will purchase and install just about every kind of skimmer....and then sell it a few months later, but be able to give a review on it! LOL! Thanks again Mike!

The sump we're going to use is built. We had it built for a customer but his stand was WAY too short...so I think we're going to use it for this tank....LOTS of room and big refugium room too..it's the one by Melev that was built for a 210g with a refugium......at least I think that's what we'll use...it could change tomorrow if I change my mind.... will update as we go

Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

No problem Sarah, great talking with Larry where we both were having a laugh ,about the tank and the skimmer and well I told Larry just to blame you for the mishap.

I'm glad that you have went the direction of the sump it will be alot better in the end and easier to work on for the skimmer anyways. Remember when you have that skimmer as a recirculating one go with a high powered internal pump to things that it will do ,
1. heat the water
2 blast the crap out of the injectors and give you multi million bubbles in the skimmer and with the MR -2 you can add height to the skimmer making more contact time to the skimmer hence pulling more crap out of the tank.

let mw know about the LAst PM that i sent you with regards to the types of skimmers and prices for Larry's wallet/
Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

I'm down here in Courtenay and my wife likes to go for drives... are you the Campbell River Pet Center? I like the tank. I'm putting my tank on the stand on Saturday, so I could go up to CR on Wednesday next week .

Last edited by Greenmaster; 07-28-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
I'm down here in Courtenay and my wife likes to go for drives... are you the Campbell River Pet Center? I like the tank I'm putting the tank on my stand on Saturday so I could go up to CR on Wednesday next week .
PM sent