Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Too tall. I had to take a hit with a lower stand and it had to go. Otherwise it would still be running.
I also have a RS180 here, but no pump. The Sedra 5000 won't run it well, so I would need something bigger.

I was able to buy 2 BK mini 160s, one with a shot pump, for $350. The good one was good for about 10 days before it died Now I'm just ****ed -lol
Yeah I'd be ****ed too. No pump replacements? I just can't keep up with all the skimmer talk these days. Seems you can drop 2K on a skimmer and then people are all "ooh you need to upgrade the pump to a flaming dragon". My money tree is dead so I'm effed if my ER ever croaks. Either that or I'll be hitting up your equipment graveyard for salvage

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Yeah I'd be ****ed too. No pump replacements? I just can't keep up with all the skimmer talk these days. Seems you can drop 2K on a skimmer and then people are all "ooh you need to upgrade the pump to a flaming dragon". My money tree is dead so I'm effed if my ER ever croaks. Either that or I'll be hitting up your equipment graveyard for salvage
I have anything you need

The Flaming Dragon is actually a good name, and the cost is from the shiny sticker they put on a $100 Laguna pump.
If I can find a pump, at a price I don't need to give up eating for, I'll probably run the BK 160, it did an ok job. OR, if I can find better, within budget, I might go that way.
The official pump replacement is about $250 US, plus all the costs to get it here. If I can buy the $100 pumps, I can buy two and have a spare 160.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:20 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Brad I had the Omega 130 and was not impressed. I tried the volume and wedge pipe for adjustment and couldn't find a setting to work properly the build was great the performance not so much.
Bought a reef Octopus NWB-SSS and it's a beast. Same body style as the bk you have without the price. Out performs the Omega hand down
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Brad I had the Omega 130 and was not impressed. I tried the volume and wedge pipe for adjustment and couldn't find a setting to work properly the build was great the performance not so much.
Bought a reef Octopus NWB-SSS and it's a beast. Same body style as the bk you have without the price. Out performs the Omega hand down
The 150 is rated for 210g, I think that's pushing it with a 6" chamber at 21" height. But yes, probably comparable to the mini 160 at a much nicer price. Would be nice if there was a model a bit bigger, say 8" diameter. But yes, this is something I'd look at. Thanks
Old 08-25-2014, 04:56 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road

Wait a minute...... Some of you have a MONEY Tree?!? What the..... It doesn't matter if it's dead. I'm amazed some of you had one to begin with. I want one. I'm doing something wrong here.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:02 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Wait a minute...... Some of you have a MONEY Tree?!? What the..... It doesn't matter if it's dead. I'm amazed some of you had one to begin with. I want one. I'm doing something wrong here.
Christy had a money tree. It died. I don't. Never did. I have, instead, a bill pit. All my money goes in it. Once in a while the dog digs some up and I get to spend it on my hobby. A tree would be nice
Old 08-25-2014, 05:08 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road

Final thoughts on this (unrelated) topic:

Understood.

- I want a dog that can dig up some $ ....even if it's sporadic and on occasion.

- I'm open to the concept of....I believe the term is....."Sugar Momma"

- I may be being presumptuous but I believe Aquattro is open to the concept of a "Skimmer Benefactor".

Old 08-25-2014, 05:15 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
- I may be being presumptuous but I believe Aquattro is open to the concept of a "Skimmer Benefactor".

That would be an accurate presumption
Old 08-25-2014, 05:34 AM

brotherd is on a distinguished road

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. Lifereef. Give Jeff a call and tell him what you need.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:41 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherd View Post
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. Lifereef. Give Jeff a call and tell him what you need.
They seem a little complex, thumbscrews, external and loud pumps. Might need more room than I have to dedicate to a skimmer, but I'll poke around his site.