Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 AM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Works for me . I guess I better start fragging ricordea
First in line please!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:32 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Ill be there too
Old 04-28-2007, 08:08 AM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen

I think I can make it that weekend. As long as we're diving.

Ken: Let me know if you want me to bring anything.
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 05-18-2007, 06:34 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for not being around and following up on this. The last month has been a record sickness month for me. Nasty cold, followed by flu, followed by another nasty cold. Trying to catch up in the "healthy" days didn't leave me much time.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw out an idea here. I was wondering what everyone thought about having a potluck bbq?? Just bring a dish of something, your BBQ meat of choice and your bevies. (not to mention frags)

I reallize some folks will be travelling quite some time so perhaps we could have the more local reefers do the more perishable dishes.

Perhaps to avoid double dishes, post what you are going to bring in this thread.

Thoughts?? Comments?? Anyone bring a BBQ??
Old 05-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

May be able to come over from the Mainland, if someone can pick me up from the ferry like last time. If I do come, I can also bring over some stuff if its not too heavy or bulky. Should be able to bring over some frags too.

I have some colt, zoos, trumpet, and a few other things. I also have lots of red halimenia macro, chaeto, & a few extra Red Fromia starfish if anyone is interested.

BTW, Scavenger thanks for organizing these get-togethers. Last one was lots of fun too.

Anthony
Old 05-20-2007, 07:20 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

I'm up for it but its means more work on your part and you better get some definate confirmations on who's coming for sure first. Would be a shame if only 5 people show up and the dinner part turns out to be a bust. Or why dont we all just go out to a resturant together for those who want to? Wish I had more frags to bring but my tank is new so its still pretty bare.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 PM

lukep77 is on a distinguished road

Hey I was just wondering if out of towners could swing by the meet and maybe purches rather then trade frags? I will be in Victoria on that weekend, and visiting friends in Duncan. My flight would be leaving that sunday night for home.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
I'm up for it but its means more work on your part and you better get some definate confirmations on who's coming for sure first. Would be a shame if only 5 people show up and the dinner part turns out to be a bust. Or why dont we all just go out to a resturant together for those who want to? Wish I had more frags to bring but my tank is new so its still pretty bare.
Who cares how many people show up? A party is a party! We don't have these too often so maybe the "demands" should be kept to a minimum, we're lucky Scavenger is volunteering to do this for us, remember?

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 PM

I wouldn't expect too large of a turn out. There just isn't that many of us on the island. Some of that already limited number will not be able to make it, but it looks like we may pick a stray or 2 from the other side of the pond.

Personally I very much enjoyed hosting the last one. Though we had small numbers, I thought it was fun and a great chance to meet members face to face.

Anthony, pm me if you think you;ll need a ferry terminal pick up. I might be able to arrange something for you. I figure my wife owes you after you brought a non reefing gift for a non reefer. (I still can't get over that thoughtful gesture.)

Last edited by Scavenger; 05-23-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling of course!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukep77 View Post
Hey I was just wondering if out of towners could swing by the meet and maybe purches rather then trade frags? I will be in Victoria on that weekend, and visiting friends in Duncan. My flight would be leaving that sunday night for home.
I'm sure nobody would mind a flatlander coming by.(grin) But don't expect to win the coveted Most Distance Traveled Award since you are already on the island!! (grin again)