Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Have you gone through your life time supply of baking soda yet?
uh, no.. I'm still working on that.. I am thinking about snorting the rest just to clear some pantry space. Or worse, baking! GASP!!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

You do bring up a good point that has been alluded to previously. Not everyone is out to get ya and there are plenty of reefers who will go above and beyond. I have a pantry full of baking soda to prove it.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Norstar is on a distinguished road

I take it you haven't read some of my rants! I'm ready to name names!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM

Norstar is on a distinguished road

I take it you haven't read some of my rants! I'm ready to name names!!! On the other hand, most transactions have been very pleasant experiences

(Oops, double posted)
Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a certain demographic of hobbyist that you can see coming a mile away.
you could run through a checklist of little things they do to renege on a previously agreed deal...

Its more funny than anything, especially when you see them coming from a mile away...
Old 08-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

I have four tanks in my garage that I was going to give away, but after selling a couple of other things in the past i just can't be bothered. Because they are free I'm sure people would ask for everything else for free.. lol

On the other hand, when I've purchased items most of the transactions went pretty smooth.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:48 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Or that you sold a fish tank to some guy dirt cheap, sight unseen, have it delivered by your buddy to his FRONT DOOR from Sherwood Park to Okotoks, then have your buddy phones and tells you that the buyer complained extensively about the "dirty" condition of the tank!

Well, I really like to challenge anyone who have the experience of purchasing a USED tank that is pristine in condition!!

When you break apart the plumbing to the sump, all the accumulated growth of years of algae in the pipes, and the return chambers, and tiny bits of sand in the tanks is par for the course.

You won't EVER get that cleaned to the point of brand new again! besides, I don't know how he thinks that I was suppose to take the plumbing apart to rinse and scrub it in my house, when the thing is a 90 gal.

Anyway, then he went on to drag it onto this board for a while. It is a good thing that a few of my Canreefer friends have seen that tank prior to me selling it, or my reputation would have been needlessly trashed!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

I did once buy a tank to which as soon as I filled it it collapsed. After tearing down I found a old crack filled w dirt. The crack was hidden buy the trim. I called the person in which they said. Sorry bout ur luck. I thought why u pokin the bear. 900 bucks down the drain. I guess I should have inspected it better but at the same time. I believe they new about it.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
I did once buy a tank to which as soon as I filled it it collapsed. After tearing down I found a old crack filled w dirt. The crack was hidden buy the trim. I called the person in which they said. Sorry bout ur luck. I thought why u pokin the bear. 900 bucks down the drain. I guess I should have inspected it better but at the same time. I believe they new about it.
I learned this lesson as well for trusting a person to drop off the tank for me without inspection because I thought canreef member are good ppl. So don't trust any one on this forum unless you dealt with them several times before.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
Ouch, I have bought two tanks without water in them but they were dirt cheap. I don't think I'd ever spend that kind of money without insisting that the tank be full of water when I arrived. Sort of like test-driving a car, not a good idea to buy it just from the picture posted on Kijiji.

An experience like yours though is a great example of how a buyer/seller rating system would benefit forum members. I do understand the reluctance to provide a place for us to publicly trash each other though.
Closed Thread