Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

i'm stoked i just got a phone call that my controller will be at the store in a couple hours and i got one with the wireless LAN. i've been waiting since the beginning of september for this unit. i guess christmas will have to wait now since i'll be to busy with the controller. my wife would love that. i'll post more when i get it.

my tank setup
Old 12-21-2006, 11:35 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Good stuff colin
You will be very impressed ,let me know if you have any questions ,shoot me a pm or email.
Jason
Old 12-22-2006, 04:22 AM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Thats Sweet Colin,

Fire some pics up when you get it wired.

Looks like ill have to hard wire mine, so that means youll have to keep us up to date on the wireless features and capabilities.

Marc.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:34 AM

i'm really REALLY hoping tomorrow i can hook it up and start playing with it. its going to take a year to learn how to run this thing. i'll update you guys as soon as i get some pictures and installs done.

my tank setup
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 AM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Merry Christmas too me Merry Christmas too me

I picked up my ProfiLux plus II last night I am in the midst of setting it up right now so far so good LAN card and redux/Cond card are now installed just have to figure out where to put it that it is out of harms way pritty sweet setup And I have to figure out what the heck the clear plastic rod and plastic brackets are supposed to be for ?????? Oh well guess I will figure it out at some point

Doug

Last edited by bullit67; 12-23-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:34 AM

today i finally got to open it up and check everything out, i installed the wireless LAN and redox card, and installed the drivers on my computer but ran out of time to try out the controller with my computer. i took some pictures of the whole setup right out of the box and for the install of the new cards.

here is before the cards installed

and after

and the final product

i'll post more as i do the install. i am a little disappointed in the amount of outlets on the powerbars. i have to buy another power bar and an adapter for only 1 more plug but the power bars seem very heavy duty so thats a bonus. when i first turned on the controller everything is in german as well as the cd install for the computer, i guessed my way through the driver install on the computer and found an english button.

my tank setup
Old 12-23-2006, 07:21 PM

well I got the power bars mounted and a good place for the computer a few little things I think they could improve on more expation slots only 3 and with the redox/cond card and LAN card installed that only leaves one left to work with and there is no mounts included for the probes at least a hand full of suction cups would be nice to get you going and had the same problem as Colin I cant read German so had to fumble around till I got lucky and found the language selection the probes seam to be top quality more to come later will try and get some pics up soon

Doug

OH yah i figured out what the plastic rod is for it is a braket for the float for water leavel ( thanks to Jason from Proline for confirming this)

Last edited by bullit67; 12-23-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:42 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pictures colin.
1-The reason that there is no suction cups on probes ,these are not hobby probes ,labgrade probes usually don't come with suction cups ,as they are not mass produced specially for aquarium industry.
2-As for more outlets ,you can have up to 24 outlets in total on profilux ,which I believe is more than enough for any size quarium.
There will be another version of powerbars with 6 outlets comming in January ,you will be able to daisy chain them together for more outlets ,therefor they do not require an extra card or occupy a nother slot.
The reason there are 2 x 4 outlets per bar rather than 1 x 8 outlet per bar with the package is that this way you are able to draw almost twice out of the 2 bars rather than 1 bar with 8 sockets ,given that each bar handles 15 amps.
As what you have now with the controller ,you alraedy have ph/temp /multiple level sonsors ,redox ,conductivity , tunze pump control ,light dimming ,computer /internet connected ,timer programs ,moon cycles ,seasonal light control ,data logging ,alarms ,fish therapy programs ,led control capability,Multiple failsafe features ,......................& external view module.
Plus all that you are left with another slot as well.I am not sure what else you would like to contol
also they have bluetooth ,disolved oxygen ,ca & nitrates ,in D/D right now ,which as you see they have combo cards ,so each slot is able to handle multiple functions.
Also the other thing we can do if you did use (unlikely )all the slots & wanted to have more modules ( forexample in case you were controlling multiple tanks),we can chain another profilux as an extension to your currect controller ,as some other units have multiple card extensions.you have to get for this purpose.
Price of the extension profilux without any extra card is very reasonable & alraedy comes with more ph ,temp ,multiple level control capability ,another 24 sockets control ,....
Also the other thing you have to keep in mind is the quality of the unit ,the powerbar & the probes.
Unit has 2 year warranty,the programming is super easy & not near as many bugs or problems other known systems have .
when you are using a controller ,what is most important is that IT HAS TO BE RELIABLE WITH MULTIPLE FAILSAFE FUNCTIONS.
which is what you get with profilux is reliability.
Also the internal battery that does not need replacing like some others ,each outlet is on its own fuse wich is changable ,if one fail only that function is disabled rather than the whole bar & many more advantages over other brands.
BTW ,there is english manual included in the package ,best of what I remeber there is the set up process & language selection inthere .
Enjoy your new toys
Old 12-23-2006, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the reply Jason Dont get me wrong this unit is top quality just giving you some feed back. I already have a prototype made up for a rack to hold all the probes I understand they are very high quality but if someone that isant a do it yourselfer might have a hard time making something. Nice to hear that they are coming out with a power bar that can be dasiy chained instead of taking up a slot if they are looking at doing bluetooth for sensors in the future then we wont need any more slots

Doug
Old 12-24-2006, 01:18 AM

i agree with doug, i'm not putting the unit down, just stating some issues i've seen so far so people have a heads up. one thing that i absolutely love is the amount of back up safety features there is in this unit. for example overheating, you can setup the unit for parameters of your heaters to turn off at a certain temperature, if that temp is breached then you can program dimmable lighting to be reduced a certain percentage per .5 degrees increase that the temperature climbs and then eventually turn all lighting off to further reduce heat or without dimmable lighting you can have it turn halides off one a time. i mean if you had a chiller the unit would also turn it on to reduce temperature but if you dont this are just a few of options you have, in addition they have fans that can be controlled by this unit that are variable speed and depending on the temperature increase the controller will increase the fan speed. i seen these fan units and they are gorgeous, and the most quiet fans i've ever heard. i'll be getting a 4 fan unit in a couple months i think once i get the controller setup. this unit can also to an extent control the ph of tank. if the ph decreases to much it will cut of co2 to your reactor if you have an electric solenoid attached to your co2 regulator.

question though jason, will one powerbar handle 2 400w metal halide or will a fuse blow in the powerbar, i heard that it will only handle one halide unit each. i'm going to run 3 400w and i was thinking of splitting them up onto seperate circuits but if i dont have to then i will run 2 off one powerbar. until i get another powerbar.

my tank setup