Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
heheh, I just saw that article, and my immediate reaction was: Aquattro must know! You beat me to it lol
lol. Unfortunately that looks like a preventative, which could possibly be too late I don't add corals without cutting off the base and the tissue near the base, so eggs wouldn't be much of a concern.
This time, I got a frag from Wayne, checked it under the scope and dipped, but it died. So Wayne gave me another and I just assumed it would be safe like the last one and just dropped in on the frag rack. I checked all pieces anywhere near it and nothing, so hopefully this is just another wake up call to check every single piece that goes in the tank.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Man, this thread doesn't make me feel so bad about my hair algae problem anymore. I hope you guys can beat them. What a nightmare

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:54 AM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Word. This thread describes maybe the one thing that could make me quit this hobby.

If I believed in prayer, I'd be praying that Brad nipped this problem before it it could even become a bud. Let's say... so many positive thoughts.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Man, this thread doesn't make me feel so bad about my hair algae problem anymore. I hope you guys can beat them. What a nightmare
I'm just going with the thought that I don't need to beat anything, just be more careful.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
Word. This thread describes maybe the one thing that could make me quit this hobby.
Ya, if my tank ended up hit by these, I'd consider packing it up. I'll have spare pieces put aside in case I need to make that decision. If I sold all my gear though, I'd have a nice month in Bali -lol
Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

This may be a silly question, do these only affect sps?

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
This may be a silly question, do these only affect sps?

Charles
Specifically Acropora species of coral
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ya, if my tank ended up hit by these, I'd consider packing it up. I'll have spare pieces put aside in case I need to make that decision.
So in light of the $5000 sell-off... do you know yet whether you've been 'hit' ?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
So in light of the $5000 sell-off... do you know yet whether you've been 'hit' ?
No, I don't suspect that there would be signs for months. If one got in the tank, it would take a while to show up, I think.
I've got a couple people interested, so if it happens, we'll set up a dip station for everything during transfer.