Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Argggg. Others have said this before and I will say it again. Why do we need to quote every full page of pics in the journal section. Love to read them. Love looking at everyones pics, then there is the quote with all the pics again and saying something that did not need a quote.

For sure there is a place to quote but is there a place where its not needed.

or is it just me..........
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
nope, it's many. Don't know why people do it. But, you do have access to "correct" the post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
But, you do have access to "correct" the post

Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Argggg. Others have said this before and I will say it again. Why do we need to quote every full page of pics in the journal section. Love to read them. Love looking at everyones pics, then there is the quote with all the pics again and saying something that did not need a quote.

For sure there is a place to quote but is there a place where its not needed.

I think this is done by accident a lot of the time. I know I've done it by accident a few times. You hit up the quote button because you want to quote what they said, but then end up bringing in all the pictures that was in that post as well. The edit window only shows the image link so it's not immediately obvious that you are about to link in a crap load of pics. Therefore, you have to know and or remember to delete those photo links. It is an extra step that is easily forgotten or simply not thought to be done by newbies. It makes matters worse when you can't go back to edit your post to delete those accidentally quoted image links. Just sayin' :-) Of course, then there are those douchebags like me who like to quote image links for fun every now and again to **** off you and Myka.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:41 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

is everyone having fun driving to work this morning in Calgary? I made 1/4 of my way to work then turn around and go home
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
is everyone having fun driving to work this morning in Calgary? I made 1/4 of my way to work then turn around and go home
ya, you and half my office chickened out and turned around to "work from home" Lucky (or possibly unlucky) for me I only live 5 minutes from work so my wintergeddon driving took an additional 10 minutes! I know, crazy!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I think this is done by accident a lot of the time. I know I've done it by accident a few times. You hit up the quote button because you want to quote what they said, but then end up bringing in all the pictures that was in that post as well. The edit window only shows the image link so it's not immediately obvious that you are about to link in a crap load of pics. Therefore, you have to know and or remember to delete those photo links. It is an extra step that is easily forgotten or simply not thought to be done by newbies. It makes matters worse when you can't go back to edit your post to delete those accidentally quoted image links. Just sayin' :-) Of course, then there are those douchebags like me who like to quote image links for fun every now and again to **** off you and Myka.
Barring you're type, I can see how this happens. When you quote a post, all you see is links? If I quote, I see all the pics, not links.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Barring you're type, I can see how this happens. When you quote a post, all you see is links? If I quote, I see all the pics, not links.
This is correct. All I see are the image links wrapped in the IMG tag so it is easily lost within the other text that I actually want to quote. Usually I'm quoting and posting by the seat of my pants so remembering to look for and delete those images tags is extra effort :-)

Actually, now that I think about it, did the forum always include images in quotes? Maybe I'm thinking of another forum but I thought that it didn't do that at one point?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
ya, you and half my office chickened out and turned around to "work from home" Lucky (or possibly unlucky) for me I only live 5 minutes from work so my wintergeddon driving took an additional 10 minutes! I know, crazy!
Well we actually go home and "work" not like some one who shows up work but do not work and only browse canreef :-)
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
Well we actually go home and "work" not like some one who shows up work but do not work and only browse canreef :-)
oh, you mean kinda like how you are "working" right now?