Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Serves you right considering the insane prices you charge for frags Kien. We were all thinking it folks... don't hate!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:50 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post

Another sad story.. so 10 years ago I lent this guy my fish trap. For the sake of keeping his identity private I shall call him, "Levi". He told me countless times that he'd return my fish trap. To this day I am still without a fish trap..
Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

It's imposible to know this many people well enough to trust them. Our first "organized" Calgary reefers meeting in 2002 had six people. We became buds, easy enough. I was given as much stuff as I bought from that group, which grew to about 20 or so. We thought that was pretty cool.

Now I know there are many excellent hobbyists in Calgary that I haven't even met. I see their constructive/witty/helpful posts and it makes me glad the community is doing well. There's a ton of positive interaction. There are also douchebags, but what are ya gonna do? Just be careful out there...

I find helpful the posts where a member requests information on doing business with a certain party, and by PM they receive all KINDS of advice, from those with experience.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ya no kidding..

A couple of years ago I went to purchase a Regal Angel from a local canreefer that was shutting down her tank. There were a bunch of canreefers there at the time that I knew and that knew her. Plus she ran Big Als fish room at the time so I figured she was somewhat reputable. Anyway, long story longer, I gave her the money and she told me she'd net the Angel that night and drive it over to my place the next day. The Angel ended up spending the night in one of Big Al's tanks I was told, which was fine with me. Well, days passed but no Angel was delivered Repeated PMs, eMails and phone calls went into the ether. Eventually she disconnected her phone and moved..LOL. I laugh because I guess she really needed that money really bad to high tail it out of town. Just as well I guess. I do enjoy donating to charity from time to time.

Another sad story.. so 10 years ago I lent this guy my fish trap. For the sake of keeping his identity private I shall call him, "Levi". He told me countless times that he'd return my fish trap. To this day I am still without a fish trap..
Hey Kien, I have lots of fishes for sale if you are interested. Which one are you looking for?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Serves you right considering the insane prices you charge for frags Kien. We were all thinking it folks... don't hate!
|
|
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_77 View Post
There are also douchebags, but what are ya gonna do? Just be careful out there...
Word...
Old 08-09-2011, 05:39 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

THIS IS AN IDEA FOR THE MODS, just throwing it out there.

What about a feedback rating system like on EBay. Just a simple pos / neg with the ability to see who rated the member. If there is a neg a short explanation by the member doing the rating & a spot for the member being rated to comment, min character field, one entry per neg rating that's it that's all. Add this to the member profile page.

Just a thought that came to mind so I decided to chuck it out there.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I feel it a better move on my behalf to have the ability to "Black Mail" you for said fish trap, it should make for a hefty ransom one day.

Said fish trap is also becoming vintage in the back of my automobile, I think you should thank me for keeping it safe and collectible. Not many reefers would perform such a arduous task for such a shady character .
Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

I just entered an "Event" into my fancy HTC Mobile telephone titled "Return Kiens Fish trap", it should be to your house in the next couple years.

Have you gone through your life time supply of baking soda yet?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:06 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
I just entered an "Event" into my fancy HTC Mobile telephone titled "Return Kiens Fish trap", it should be to your house in the next couple years.
Ironically the fish trap doesn't fit into my tank(s) anymore so I really have no use for it LOL.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Have you gone through your life time supply of baking soda yet?
He's been selling it to the neighborhood kids in baggies.