Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-16-2011, 03:33 PM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

I like your rock work. How did you end up hanging the AI fixture?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:51 PM

Blom is on a distinguished road

I just ended up hanging it using the hanging kit from AI. The price on these fixtures was dropped a short while ago, pretty darn good light for the price now.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Seriously shopping around for a new tank
Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 PM

HOB refuge on

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 09-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Had a few free minutes over the last day or two to work on the tank. Got the ATO all set up, just waiting on the PAB cable to hook up my 6 plug power bar to control the pump. I still find it amazing that when you purchase a product it doesn't come with everything you would need to hook it up. I should know better by now, we've all been dealing with this forever with printers. Just include the stuff needed and tack the additional costs on to the price. Oh well... Rant over. Picked up some LR rubble for the refuge as well as a couple of small pieces with nice coraline algae growth to seed the tank. Seeded both the refuge and tank with tigger pods. A small clean up crew went in, the better half had them all named within 5 minutes

Should have the touch screen by next week and hopefully the MP10ES by the week after. I'm sad to say I am pretty much done with the build part (still kind of my favorite part). I figure Ill let the tank roll for another month before I introduce the first fish, I was thinking of "feeding" the tank once a week for that month just to keep the bio load up.

Still trying to figure out how to take good pictures of the setup. The main problem is I cant black out the room from outside light sources. I will have to wait for night to take pics. The curved front adds a lot of distortion and I cant seen to find a way to deal with that. I also really need to get another lens for the camera, ive been looking into macro lenses online, ill have to hit a store here. Maybe this weekend

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Guess I was wrong... I got the touch screen today!!!

I also found out that the Profilux PAB cables are just Cat5 Ethernet Cables. So I ended up getting the 6 Slot Digi Power Bar hooked up and everything else programmed.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 09-25-2011, 02:52 AM

Best picture Ive taken with my camera and an aquarium. Nothing like you guys post... buts its a start.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Nice GHL order. The AI light run off of the GHL i found much smoother than off of their controller. Really digging the touch too. I've been eyeing the one up at progressive but since i have stopped tinkering with the tank i don't want to get one and constantly be changing things.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:22 PM

Thanks, the AI sol and the profilux is a pretty slick set up I must say. The touch doesn't give you much in the way of tinkering. Pretty much just a display with an option to start maintenance of feed modes, a separate trend of ph and temp (I really need to get the salinity probe) and starting a thunderstorm. More of a toy then anything, but it sure will look good recessed in the wall at my next house.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 09-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Been playing around with photoshop here for a bit, neat program. Still trying to figure things out, been watching some tutorials online. This is where I got that last picture too, I think it looks quite a bit better.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Noticed last night while feeding a few baby narcissus snails beetling around the tank. The one Turbo snail has been spawning like mad as well, maybe Ill see some wee ones soon.... or maybe not. Still battling with the big bristle worm, just cant seem to get him out of the tank, hes just to quick for me and tweezers. I guess I will make a trap here one of these days. Still waiting on the MP10, and ordered my first fish last week too. A pair of Black Clowns, I would imagine they will arrive in a couple weeks.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank