Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-01-2010, 08:20 PM

MitchM is on a distinguished road

All vehicles today are so tightly engineered, they need a computer to keep systems operating within tolerances.

So what you're doing is basically replacing the computer with yourself...which isn't necessarily a bad thing....

The more things that you replace, the more things that you have to manually keep an eye on.
Problem is - is that if you still have the main computer hooked up, it could work against you and put stresses against components unnecessarily.

Add in the false sense of security of an "extended warranty" that may be quietly backed up by a third party with fine print...

It just leaves too much to chance, for me anyways.

I think a lot of mods available come from trucks in the States that are made to look like they could jump 40 cars, but are really just pavement princesses. - and they look cool.

Mitch
Old 01-01-2010, 08:24 PM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road

there was a dodge dealed my bud works at that got in s@#$ from the factory cause they were sell edge moduals with the diesels peps were runnin around on level 5 blown injector tips off and then they would waranty them.the factorys send guys around to check the stuff that was warantied to make sure its rally broken and to try and find out why it broke if it doesnt meet the factory warany specs the dealer does not get paid back for the parts i heard they lost alot of money and had a bunch of po'ed customers.

my2rotties keep jumpn your fj and let us know what happens lol you must go through batties like crazy unless you hav a gel cell how are the tie rods holdn up and does it seem to hurt the frt ball pivot on the frt axle

if any one wants some top quality mods check out westers garage it in tilly alberta they do mass work for guys in the states hav seen some of the cars they do on pass time pinks and pinks allout the guys name is lindin wester hes awsome with custom fuel injection.

Last edited by prodogg02; 01-01-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I tried to lodge complaints but they were not taken seriously. The truck was dealer modified and Ford washed their hands of it. It was the dealer's responsibility to fix the truck and it was costing way too much money. The day we decided to just walk away from it, we spent over $1000 getting the air conditioning fixed the second time, and other work done. The air conditioning stopped working in five minutes and then the windows would not open. That was the last straw. I pulled the insurance and plates off it and told them to come get it. I was not going to drive it to Advantage with no air conditioning or windows that worked (seats were not working either), in the warmest days of the summer.

I have the invoice for the over 8K, I am not kidding that is what they charge for a brand new tranny with the labor. What a nightmare. I am glad it is now over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
any diesel made after 2003 has it issues. the 6L engin was a POS untill about 2005 and the 6.4 was a lot better but go lousy gas milage. this is the reason ford has termanated its partnership with international and has gone with there own diesel for 2010/2011

the 7.3 powerstroke was the best diesel ford used but it was only from 1999-2003 and they had to change as the designe of the engine wouldn't meet emission regulations comming in in 2005. this was the same reason for dropping the 6L and going with the 6.4 due to new ones in 2009. the engine problems were a international issue not a ford design, but ford did use them so it was very costly for ford as there were issues getting the agreed apon recouperation from international.

the new diesel looks very good and should be a eye opener for the diesel market.

I can't believe they wanted 8K for a tranny that is robbery.. I had mine totaly rebuilt using heavy duty parts, a billit multi disc converter (with the torque converter fins all tig welded) , better solinoid pack, valve body kit, steal caged bearings, and premimum discs and friction surfaces, and a few others for 4K. I wasn't planning on doing this so soon, but my truck was ripped off and driven into a lake getting water in the tranny.

I hope you loged a complaint with the BBB and ford canada at least.

Steve
Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 AM

whiteice669 is on a distinguished road

you should ask them why they put in a brand new one ? and not repaired the one that was in there for thousands less, ask if they did a cost comparison, prob dont have a proper trans tech there
aga 180g dual overflow 77g sump, mak 4 return, dart pump for closed loop 3 250w se 15,000k mh, 4 80w t5 250 vertex skimmer,3l vertex zeo reactor, marine tech cal reactor.regal,powder brown and yellow tangs, chromis eyelash blennie blue mandran, slowly filling with SPS
Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 PM

I don't always go jump it off of stuff. There has been the odd time I accidentally fell off of something off road as well. I don't launch it 10 feet in the air or anything or seriously abuse it. However, when I feel like going to Mclean creek and go mud bogging with it or run it off road, I do and don't think about it much. The battery is the stock battery and the truck is still tight every where else. I will have had it four years in May...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogg02 View Post

my2rotties keep jumpn your fj and let us know what happens lol you must go through batties like crazy unless you hav a gel cell how are the tie rods holdn up and does it seem to hurt the frt ball pivot on the frt axle

Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM

I have no idea of why Advantage put in a new tranny. They said they needed it. I think they did it because Ford was going to pay for the warranty. When Ford did not pay for it, they wanted the money from us. We fought about it for a few weeks and I came to the forums about it. I threatened them with AMVIC, and other things. My husband ended up driving the truck off of the lot with his spare set of keys without paying.

My husband and I were talking about this whole ordeal, and there were so many problems and loaners, we cannot recall what happened when. The truck would go for about 6-8 weeks before it had to be flat decked for repairs. The truck never had heat or air conditioning, and the list goes on and on. I have a stack of service records that would fit into a binder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteice669 View Post
you should ask them why they put in a brand new one ? and not repaired the one that was in there for thousands less, ask if they did a cost comparison, prob dont have a proper trans tech there
Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
Nice ride Parker... how much time you have into that thing?

It's been off the road since 2005, but total work time would be around a years worth of weekends. My biggest hurdle in getting it completed, it's at a friend of mines place which is about 110 km from my place through the city so everytime I work on it I spend 3 hours commuting back and forth.

There is a show in Lethbridge called SideShow, it's tagging along with the StreetWheels show this coming year in July. I'm hoping to be able to bring it this year. I doubt it will be under it's own power but it should be in one peice at least!